Speakers are too high - Please help

Username: Bluedragon

Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa

Post Number: 1
I've just finished setting up my home theatre but i feel that my speakers are too high. I wanted them ear level but since I have a baby and she will be starting to walk I had to put them up (about two meters high), I however feel that I'm not getting the full use of the sound unless it was the film I had and I also couldn't put it to loud as the baby was sleeping.

What is the best solution if you have put your speaker high, must you tilt them so that they face you?

Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4182

That helps.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 378
That was the stupidest question I have ever come across, has for surround loudspeaker placement depending on how height of the room, if fixed to the wall then angle them downwards at 15° and setting the levels for a maximum SPL of 85dbA weighting with 105dbC weighting, and as most babies screaming at 90 to 95dbA weighting then the home cinema has priority seeing it's at a safe dbA range..........

Username: Kenney9226

Thrill City, VA

Post Number: 3
Andy Summers appears to be an idiot.

cyterio
Unregistered guest
i agree with the above statement, he junks up all the posts with ridiculous rambling that makes no sense.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 908
I almost agree with Andy's evaluation of the original post except for the fact I've seen even more idiotic posts ("I just bought a new tv and need to know how to turn it on" as an example).

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 600
Even though eclectic Andy is sometimes idiotic, I have to agree with him. That was a stupid question.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us