Why analog inputs can not driver center speakers and two rear speakers?

Username: Erain

Post Number: 3
I plugged an audio cable to my portable CD's earphone hole to send analog signals to a HTIB's input. Then I found only two front speackers and subwoofer work.

Why the center speakers and two rear speaker do work with the analog inputs?

How to connect computers to home theather? I want to enjoy my so many mp3's on my computer.

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 50
Analog audio inputs provide only a front left and right signal.

Hense you will need to either enguage your sound fields on your receiver to process this into a delayed dolby, or if your receiver has a "all channel stereo" or "5 channel stereo" mode you can enguage that to play all speakers evenly.

If you provide the model number for the Htib I will pull a manual and write specific instructions regarding your sound fields.

With regard to hooking your computer to your HTIB, so long as you wish to listen only to stereo MP3's you can do this with a 3 millimeter stereo to rca conversion plug available here:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F011%5F003%5F001%5F003&product%5Fid=274%2D883

If you want to watch movies in surround sound from your pc then a surround sound audio card for your computer will be required, preferably one with a digital output. Such as this Audigy 4:

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=434&prod uct=10853&nav=0

Username: Erain

Post Number: 4
Thanks, Michael.
You answered pretty much all what I wanted to know. The Audigy 4 looks like what I am looking for. A little expensive for the $240 price, I would consider this.

Username: Krazymofo24

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 4
You can buy a non soundblaster card that provides an optical connection for $50-$75.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us