Durabrand HT-391 w/ Different Front Speakers

Anonymous

I've had this $49 from Walmart for about 6 months; I'm sure you're all familiar with it. It's been great for me so far... But I've just recieved a home stereo system with some Aiwa 40-Watt speakers with a 3-way Twin Duct Bass Reflux system. The stereo came with a spare set of speakers so I hooked them up as my front speakers for my Durabrand system, and they sound good, though I can't really tell if they're better or not.

If it won't hurt anything, I'll keep them. So I guess what I am asking is if it will hurt anything that I have these speakers instead of the standard issued ones that come in the box? Also, is it even an improvement?

Thanks.

Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 8
So long as you are using the Wal-Mart system with the Aiwa speakers in a luxurious mobile home unit you will be fine.

However if you attempt to move this system to an actual constructed dwelling it could result in endless hours of ridicule or possibly even fire as neigbors burn you out in an attempt to keep property values up.

~sorry, couldnt resist.

LilGryphMaster
Unregistered guest
It's for my bedroom.

Now could you not be a pompous jerk and explain why you say this? Yea, so what, it's Wal-Mart. I wasn't going to spend $500 for a system to put in my room... Which is about 10x12 Sq Ft.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I guess my point is its a 50 dollar tib... it's existance is hurting it.

If you are going for sound in a small room like that, you might want to consider putting a Receiver on your main system with a zone 2 capability and just run the additional room as a second zone.

The Denon 1905 comes to mind as an entry level zone 2 amp then you could just add a pair of in ceiling speakers.

That way you could watch dvds in surround sound in your theater room while at the same time listening to cd's, or any other source in your smaller room. Without having to install or waste the space for a seperate component system in your smaller room.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/AVR1905.pdf

http://www0.shopping.com/xGS-se_791_e~NS-1~linkin_id-3062413

http://www.nilesaudio.com/products/hpsvc.html

Anonymous

I think you're assuming too much of my situation here.

I HAVE a home theater system in my basement. The system I have is in my room, 2 floors away, and is for watching the occasional movie and listening to music and playing games on my computer. I don't want to pour money into something frivolous like a wall-mounted volume control or ceiling speakers. I just want an acceptable 5.1 sound for my room without spending hundreds of dollars.

All I asked was if the Aiwa speakers were going to cause a physical/electrical problem or if they were even an improvement.

Sorry to be so hostile, but I don't want to upgrade anything or replace anything. I just want a simple answer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
ok simple answer. No speakers made by man could harm it in any way. Just dont hook up any nice speakers to it as the distortion could harm them.

zxcvbnm
Unregistered guest
Shut up, the guy was just asking a question.

What is the impedance of your Aiwa speakers? Last time I checked these Durabrand units were 6 ohms, but you can safely connect 8 ohm speakers aswell (which I'm assuming is what you have.)

The wattage is fine, I don't believe the DB units can reach 40 watts per channel at peak power.

Username: Rarastoy

Batesburg, SC USA

Post Number: 1
I have a DURABRAND HT395. I was able to view DVDs all and night on Sunday. Now last night, I can hear the DVD, but NO Picture. All of the connects are correct & secured. Can anyone tell me what I need to check for now or how to fix the problem?

Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 5
throw away that toys are us stereo and buy an adult toy is that clear enough ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us