Best Speaker system Period?????

Username: Blndsoccer

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 2
My roomate and I are planning our room for next year, 19'x12'ish, so pretty small. We are looking at an 840 Watt Pioneer reciever(feedback welcome...), along with a Def Tech powered 650w super cube sub. We want a pretty decent speaker setup, including clairity, and performance, spacesaving, sweet looking. We've been checking out some boston's. We were thinking about some lo-profile towers, but aren't sure. We just want an amazing speaker system that can be heard/felt/and seen. Recommendations PLEASE!!!

Username: Vjpremo

Washington, DC United States

What is your budget? You mentioned lo-profile towers. With the size of your room you should try considering those compact speakers like Klipsch (Quintet), Athena, or the Onkyo SKS-HT240 (6.1). I've tested Onkyo at the store and was quite impressed and also comes with a decent sub. If you're looking for powerful sub, Velodyne is the way to go. For the Pioneer receiver, go to bestbuy and test the VSX-9100TX. That's THX certified too and costs about $750.00. It'll blow you away. If you wanna go beyond that price range, try the Pioneer Elite series. I'm planning on getting the VSX-55TXi or the 56TXi and pair them with Onkyo I mentioned and Pioneer Elite DVD Player DV-59AVi. You wanna hear Pioneer Elite go to www.myeremco.com (Pioneer dealer) and www.belmonttv.com

If you really wanna get your money's worth go to eBay. Good Luck!

Username: Blndsoccer

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 3
Budget...probably around $1000, just for the speakers. So a pretty decent setup, more "best for our money" not necessarily E-bay though.

Anonymous

Have you considered Def Tech for the rest of the speakers? They also make some bookshelfs with built in powered subs called Power Monitors. They are not bipolar. I have heard them and they sounded excellent to me.

Username: Vjpremo

Washington, DC United States

Post Number: 4
I'd have to agree. Def Tech blows my mind. I've tested the BP7000sc Bipolar SuperTower Speakers and all I can say is "WOW". The Mythos also delivers excellent sound and slick design. You should go to a Dealership Store near you so you can test different ones that would satisfy your ears. For your subs, go with Velodyne.

Username: Goatboy

Pickering, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
You can get some really decent PSB's for around $1000. Not too big & bulky but great sounding , good looking speakers

Username: 1bad9er

San francisco, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
please let me know which is the best between axiom 80ti with rear and center speaker or the rocket rs800 also with rear and center speaker? did my research but still confuse which is the best.

Unregistered guest
I am in a similar situation but my budget for the speakers is 3,000. I prefer an on wall situation. I heard the martin logan fresco and thought they were good (not great). I am looking at the KEF KHT5005 tomorrow. It sounds like the readers are fans of DT Mythos. My previous bookshelf system is DT and I was very happy. I know they have the Gem and Mythos 2,3 setups. That is where I am looking. All your thoughts are appreciated and any other system I might have missed.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4498
You look like you already have a preference. The Mythos are excellent speakers and are aesthetically pleasing. Martin Logans are not for everybody, personally I think they are great but the Mythos are no slouch either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4499
Wilfredo,
Speaker evaluations are very subjective and the term "best" is not something you could label any speaker based on reviews. Granted that there are real dogs out there, you still should listen to the product yourself. you are the only one who can determine which of the 2 is best.

With that in mind, I know that not everybody has access to these speakers and cannot make their jdugement based on a personal audition. My personal experience with both speakers leads me to gravitate towards the Axiom. I really like its detail. The Rockets however are lot smoother.

Username: 1bad9er

San francisco, Ca Usa

thank you berny for your opinion at least it gave me some idea. I did my research on these speakers however I never hear it sound. the rockets are made of solid wood and the axiom are mdf or medium density fiberboad.I have the opportunity to hear the monitor audio s8 they sound great do you think axiom and rockets are almost the same sound or category of the monitor audio?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4501
I think that the Monitor Audios sound more like the Rockets. Keep in mind Wilfredo, I am not an audiophile, I only know the sound that I like. Your preferences will be totally different from mine.

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 74
eassy go out and spend 90G s on mica_2d lol you just have to find a way to hang 350puond speakers on the wall lol.
but home audio i would say anything b&w love there sound and paradigm is also great polk is shi#

Gold Member

Post Number: 4756
wilfredo,
Have you narrowed down your speaker choices?

Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Post Number: 10
Bang and Olufsen Beolab 1 or 5?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5057
??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help