Onkyo HT-S570 Suggestions

Anonymous

Hello All,

I'm looking at Onkyo HT-S570 HTiB... If someone already have it and using it can you please share your experience of it... How good is the sound and what is the max room size it holds good... I looked at the specs and only thing that worries me is the Speakers Sensitivity @ 79db... I know for under 300 we can't ask for more but then is that not a worrying factor... Had a look at the system personally and till vol 31+ there is no sound... But after that sound is really good but then the place was a quite big and hence couldn't get the exact feeling...

If someone have it installed in your house please share your comments/suggestions...

Thanks for your time and replies

Anonymous

I just picked up a Onkyo HT-S8230, which a re-numbered HT-S570. At one end of 25 X 15 room, it does fine at lower volumes. 31 would be about average for TV watching in the evening. I've only had this system for serveral day, but so far I'm satisfied. One thing to note, I only use digital inputs, so I'm unable to comment on analog sound amplification.

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your response...

Yeah saw that system (S8230) @ Radioshack and it looks similar to S570... I couldn't find that model no on the Onkyo Website...
Checked up at Radioshack and they said not sure if it has the same spec as S570... I did a verification and they both are same except for
the surround speakers Frequency Response as reported in Radioshack website... Can you share the speakers frequency handling related
spec??? That would be really helpful... Also at 31 the sound is really good for watching TV...

Appreciate your response...

Anonymous

Here is some images of the user manuals that came with the s8230

http://xtensity.com/images/DSC01992.JPG
http://xtensity.com/images/DSC01993.JPG

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your responses... Its same as HT-S570 model... Don't know why its having a different model no and Onkyo website doesn't have it... If you have something else to share about the system please do...

Thanks

Anonymous

My theory is Radio Shack has a deal with Onkyo, because they consistently sell it for a lower price. To avoid angering other retailers (IE. Circuit City) they give it a different model number. This makes it more difficult for people to price match between the two models.

For this price range, the system great. Just read all of the positive reviews on circuitcity.com

One thing to note: Onkyo has upgraded this model to the HT-S580. This specs look identical, just some cosmetic changes. Personally I prefer the more subtle stylings of the S570 receiver, and I'm indifferent about the speakers.

Anonymous

Thanks again...

Yeah saw the HT-S580... But the Speakers looks good but the HTS-570 receiver is better than the one shown for 580... Somehow the Receiver in 580 lost its elegant looks...

Thanks

----0Danny0-----
Unregistered guest
I've had this system for about 2 months now and I don't think there's a better deal out there for the money. I read tons of reviews; most were good and a few were bad, but made the decision to go ahead and purchase it from an online retailer. I got it for $199 plus shipping, but no tax. I think I got more than what I paid for with this system and feel very satisfied with my purchase...although it was a big risk buying it from an online retailer as opposed to a local store. The sound is very good and the subwoofer is actually too much for my small apartment. I can't say enough about the greatness of a home theater system.

----0Danny0-----
Unregistered guest
I've had this system for about 2 months now and I don't think there's a better deal out there for the money. I read tons of reviews; most were good and a few were bad, but made the decision to go ahead and purchase it from an online retailer. I got it for $199 plus shipping, but no tax. I think I got more than what I paid for with this system and feel very satisfied with my purchase...although it was a big risk buying it from an online retailer as opposed to a local store. The sound is very good and the subwoofer is actually too much for my small apartment. I can't say enough about the greatness of a home theater system.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 609
Excellent receiver for the money. Speaker package could stand some improvement, especially the sub. But for under 400 bucks, including shipping, it is hard to beat.

Anonymous

I could not agree more with ODO. I picked this unit up for $249 and for the money it is one heck of a bargain. Very satisfied customer.

other_user
Unregistered guest
570 is the different from 8230, and 570 at Circuit City is better. I regret for exchange it.

Anonymous

8230 is exactly the same spec wise. The Shack guy even admitted it's the same. BTW, picked up mine for $149 shipped as a refurb from Shoponkyo.com and it's perfect. Love the system. Technically, the speakers are only very good, but the receiver itself is worth more than twice what I paid for the whole system, IMO. The speakers are wood, too, which is nice. Sick of the plastic out there.

Username: Mcstrider

Detroit, MI

Post Number: 1
FYI - Radio Shack has the 570/8230 for $199 (I think the sales runs thru June 18).

farrispr
Unregistered guest
Just ordered the refurb 570 from shoponkyo.com for $149 and got $10 off for joining "club onkyo" for free. No tax and no shipping - $139.00 to the door. Refurb comes with a decent warranty so I feel comfortable with it.

Unregistered guest
Hi...need some assist. I just ordered a refurb HT-S570 from shoponkyo.com for $149 and received in 2 days. However, the receiver is labled HT-R320 ...not HT-S570. I have an email and call into onkyo. Are these same units similar to Radio Shack model? Thanks, Tom

Chester
Unregistered guest
No worries. The whole package is S570 which is comprised of receiver R320.

Anonymous

Hey everyone. Just a little information that may help some people out if they are looking to buy this system. Ubid has 213 of these Mfg refurbished HT-S570 units foe $89 each. You have to pay shipping, but to me it would be an extra $39, so the total would only still only be $128.

JRB
Unregistered guest
Wassup,

I picked one of the refurbs up from Ubid. Not bad. Shipped in a few business days which was a shock. Looked new except for the refurb stickers.

Anyway, I play bass and have played drums, piano, and guitar in the past and sound was okay for the money but not something I was excited about - if not dissappointed in, as expectations were up from what I'd read about it. No definition in the bass tones as bass in every song sounded the same and lacked clarity. Had that warm, deep, movie theater bass sound - which is fine if you're watching a movie but doesn't cut it for just listening to music. Cymbals weren't crisp and guitar trebles weren't bright. Basically instruments just weren't individually well defined at all - but 130 bones what the hey.

But it was driving me nuts so I spent a day jacking that rig every direction that crossed my mind. I turned the sub upside down, you name it. That automatic "balancing" of the speakers was a killer cause those fixed parameters kept screwing everything up. I couldn't up the surrounds without it "balancing" the others. If they had made it so you could adjust every speaker independently to all extremes it would have been fine cause there's nothing of significance lacking in those speakers that I can tell. They may have made it stoogeproof but they also made it so you couldn't get the best sound out of it - if you hook up per instruction.

So I started swapping speakers to get around the parameters and when I swapped the wiring for the left surround and right front that did it. Van Halen's Teacher had just started with those double bass drums klicking away. Whoa! Even at a volume of 25 tone is there - just pianissimo. A plus cause I'm not a cranker. Took a mix of all the bells and whistles in the system to get it there but it's as impressive as I'd hoped.

Anybody got any tricks I might have missed? Arrowsmith's Walk This Way is playing now - truly awesome.

Username: Erain

Post Number: 5
I bought it as well. Frankly speaking, I am somewhat disappointed with it. I mean, it is good but not reaches the extend that it has been evaluated in the posters here or reviews somewhere else.

I feel it is not so crispy as I had heard what the Sony-DAV10 system can reproduce. Is this because of its low power (600watt) vs Sony DAV10 of 1000W ?

Ted Levine
Unregistered guest
JRB,
On your statement, "when I swapped the wiring for the left surround and right front that did it" what exactly should I do to get around the parameters? Should I switch the wiring or replace both wires? Thanks for any help. TL

Anonymous

Is Onkyo HTS-570 avialable under $ 200 anywhere now ? Ubid & onkyousa offers seem to be over.

Unregistered guest
I just purchased the onkyo 8230 from radio shack for 199.00. Great deal and sound incredible. I was wondering if I should change the speaker wire to a better gauge? Ihave to change the surround wire because it will show and it is not clear. can someone answer me. thanks

Unregistered guest
I picked up the Onkyo 8230 from Radioshack for 199.00 last month.

My ratings:
9/10 for listening to music
6/10 for watching movies.

IMO Center and L/R speakers lack clarity. I played U571 and had trouble following the dialogues. I would have to increase the volume to be able to follow the dialog and then reduce the volume when any of the explosions took place. Considering that upto 70% of movie sound plays through the center channel, I am considering upgrading the front speakers.

Need more info? there are a number of posts (just look for threads on Onkyo and you will find a number of posts about muffled Onkyo speakers).

Summing up, this system is definitely worth the 200 bucks you will pay. But if you can shell out 500 dollars, check out the other forums - you will get lots and lots of suggestions and ideas - all claiming to offer much better clearer sound.

Hope this helps

Username: Jimihojo

Venice, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I, too have the 570 model (picked it up from circuit city). I just connected my optical cable from the dvd player to the receiver, but I get no sound at all - even after switching the digitial input selector.

Anyone have any trouble with the optical cables on this system.

Thanks

Username: Jimihojo

Venice, CA United States

Post Number: 2
I, too have the 570 model (picked it up from circuit city). I just connected my optical cable from the dvd player to the receiver, but I get no sound at all - even after switching the digitial input selector.

Anyone have any trouble with the optical cables on this system.

Thanks

Anonymous

Switch the DVD player's output to bitstream on the dvd player menu.

<><
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us