Sony DAV-S300 not playing DVDs

Username: Jan_dhr

Post Number: 1
My DVD player (Sony DAV-S300) does not play DVDs any more though it still plays music CDs. It either says 'No disk' or displays error code "00:13". What is happening here? Why does it play CDs but not DVDs?

morti
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem. I thought it might be the new encryption that is being used, but it won't play old DVDs either.

yuet
Unregistered guest
same problem with mine. The warranty period was just over a month ago.

Username: Jayluv76

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem with mine. I contacted Sony and they say the DVD part is going bad. So I put the s300 on ebay and bought a Yamaha 5750, Athena Micra6, two Athena AS-F2's, Athena AS-R1S-1, and a D-Link DSM-320RD to play my dvds (and do other things of course). After all, it is time for an upgrade don't ya think?

Once you get that error code (13:00) it's only a matter of time until it wont read a single DVD. According to Sony anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 181
You have been informed by the manufacturer that the unit is bad, and you are attempting to sell it on Ebay?

Do the world a favor and choke on a $100 bill. People like you should be tied to a stake at low tide for crabs to pick apart at high tide.

Username: Jayluv76

Post Number: 2
Michael, If someone wants it for parts like the listing says they can pay to have it.

Maybe before you go passing judgement on someone you should try to get more information, a$$.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 183
Then he should have said "for parts" in his post.

8 extra letters and he could have avoided my ire.

LonewolfNS
Unregistered guest
if I kill an electronic divice I can usually pull another working one out of sombody's garbage on Monday night anyway... welcome to the throw-away era

Unregistered guest
Hi,
Could some one to help me finding the region free code for stand aloneDVP player SONY DAV S300?
Thanks for your support
Mihai

Unregistered guest
Just wondering if someone could help me out with my Sony DAV-S300 as well!! I tried one code but didnt seem to work. That is if there is a region free code for it
any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Bec
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us