Picking the right speaker system

Username: Shermstar

Post Number: 1
I'm just about ready to buy a new speaker system and I have a budget of about $2,500.00. I've pusrchased the Plasma (Sony XBR 42 inch). the receiver (Yamaha V1500), and the DVD (Denon 1910).

Now it's time for the speakers. I've listened to several from Bose to Klipsch. I have a somewhat small apartment but will be buying a house in the next year or two and don't want to sell myself short with a HTIB.

The best I have heard in my price range are the Energy Connisuerr series. Every different store I role into has a different salesman with a different take depending on their commission, I guess.

Does anyone know much about the Energy speaker I am mentioning? Also, would I be better suited with a Boston surround sytstem? I have also been told Polk Audio compares with these?? I must admit I am stumped??

Any direction would be helpful. The Energy Connissuers speakers sounded great....so did Klipsch, so do Boston's......HELP!!!!

Anonymous

I'm just about ready to buy a new speaker system and I have a budget of about $2,500.00. I've pusrchased the Plasma (Sony XBR 42 inch). the receiver (Yamaha V1500), and the DVD (Denon 1910).

Now it's time for the speakers. I've listened to several from Bose to Klipsch. I have a somewhat small apartment but will be buying a house in the next year or two and don't want to sell myself short with a HTIB.

The best I have heard in my price range are the Energy Connisuerr series. Every different store I role into has a different salesman with a different take depending on their commission, I guess.

Does anyone know much about the Energy speaker I am mentioning? Also, would I be better suited with a Boston surround sytstem? I have also been told Polk Audio compares with these?? I must admit I am stumped??

Any direction would be helpful. The Energy Connissuers speakers sounded great....so did Klipsch, so do Boston's......HELP!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 11
"Now it's time for the speakers. I've listened to several from Bose to Klipsch. I have a somewhat small apartment but will be buying a house in the next year or two and don't want to sell myself short with a HTIB."

Kent...$2500 budget will get you a nice setup. Now comes the fun part.

If you have some audio dealers by you try to listen to some Phase Technologies, B&W, Monitor Audio, and Paradigm Monitor/Studio series. Take some of your favorite music CDs with you.

Also, most will deal if you buy all your speaks from them.

Good Luck

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us