Please Help ASAP

Username: Bigdudemanguy

Post Number: 1
Okay. Well, I don't know how long this will be. To begin, I recently purchased an RCA HTIB RT2380/RT2380BK and an RCA DVD player Model DRC233N. I purchased prior to this a Magnavox 27" Flat Screen with Front and two back (AV1 and AV2) inputs. On top of that, I have an XBOX. I was wondering how I could connect everything to the receiver and television to hear surround sound while playing games, watching DVDs, and watching cable tv. Please if you could help me by individually replying to each device in detail (i.e. DVD connect it to the tv with ___, and to the receiver with ___, etc.). I would also like to know if I should purchase S-video cables to connect to the receiver-tv-and-DVD player, and, if you would, please tell me how to do that as well. Afterall, I'm not the smartest teen, I just know what I like.

Post Number: 2
Progress, sweet, progress. I got the surround sound to work with the TV and DVD player; however, the DVD player only works in surround sound when the receiver is set on TV but not DVD. Why? Also, should I still buy S-video cables to improve anything?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2792
If you have component video output on your DVD player and component video input on your TV, use component. Much better picture quality.
For more details on setup go here
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

Username: Saveme

Post Number: 2
hey bigman, the way to be abble to listen to your x-box when playing, you need to connect your x-box into your AV1 or 2 and if from your TV you have and audio out then plug it into your sound system tv in or aux in then turn on your sound sys. and put select the output wich you pluged your tv in and enjoy!

Post Number: 3
There's also another problem. I cannot get the Dolby Digital to work apparently because I don't have places for the optical connection on my DVD or TV. What should I do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us