Houston We Have A Problem

Username: A_ny_outlaw

Post Number: 1
I have a question on my home theater hook-up. I had everything hooked up and working properly. My system consists of Philips TV, Philips Hi-fi VCR, Pioneer DVD/ CD changer and Pioneer VSX-1014 Receiver. Everything sounded great. However, I replaced the tv I had with my 36" Philips 2-tuner television that just came back from the repair center. I hooked up the components on the back of the tv, the same way as the back of the smaller television. I did not unhook anything from the receiver. However when I go to listen to surround sound, no sound comes from the receiver unless I have it turned all the way up on full blast. Even then, the sound is very low. What the heck could have happened? Also- another question is this....do I need to have a video cable from the MONITOR OUT on the back of the receiver to the AUDIO IN on the back of the TV AND a separate video cable from the tv VIDEO OUT to the TV/SAT IN on the back of the receiver? The book is very unclear on this. It appears that both may be needed, however it seemed to work fine with my smaller TV and I only had one cable from the monitor out hooked up at that time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 501
Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us