Home Theater, Satellite Spkr + Rcvr (Bose + Yamaha?)

Unregistered guest
Hi Everyone,
I have a new Sony 55" Rear Projection LCD HDTV, for which I want to add the surround sound speakers, receiver, DVD Player. The media room is 16' x 19' rectagular, already 5.1 pre-wired (in wall) with front L/R, center, rear L/R, and bass unit.

From specs and listening at Tweeter, I am currently thinking about Bose AM10 or Bose AM15. From just reviewing specs, I am thinking about Yamaha HTR-5760 or HTR-5750.

My other-half insists on smaller satellite speakers (so my tower polks are being set aside). Wondering if anyone has recommendations, or pointers to online reviews on satellite speakers as alternative to Bose. Possibly Mirage, Infinity, or others. Also, any thoughts on the Yamaha reciever. I am looking to keep the overall Speaker + Rcver package around $1200 - $1500. I can get the AM10 Speakers and HTR-5760 Rcvr at BestBuy for about $1300. Thanks for your input.

Eli

Username: Davem

Glenmoore, PA USA

Post Number: 1
Eli; How about Yamaha and Orb. I have just hooked up a RX-V750 to a set of the Orbs (a hot topic on another thread) and have found the whole to be excellent. This is a 7.1 system and with 3 Orb2's up front and 4 Orb1's surround and back along with their subwoofer it sounds fantastic for our home theatre. My room is 19' x 28 and power is not a problem. Total cost for receiver, speakers, wire, wall mounts etc came to less than 1700 and you would be using two fewer speakers. Just a thought. Good luck, Dave

Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 10
take a look at the cinema line from Paradigm, as they are stunning for a smaller set of speakers.

I have listened to them at legnth on Integra electronics at my dealer, and was impressed with the sound quality for the size. They are a little less full sounding IMHO then the atoms and micros, wcich is what I ended up with.

Either way, they are a LOT more full sounding than the Bose, which doesnt have ANY mids.

the next time you go back to Tweeter, ask for a demo of a MartinLogan speaker. They reproduce sound the way it was MEANT to be heard!!! I almost bought a pair, but have magnepans in my main system instead (sound almost as good, and are a ton less expensive)

gavin

gavin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us