Onkyo HT-S770, 16 Gauge wire - 2 or 4 conductors

Username: Pulusu

Post Number: 1
I just got an Onkyo HT-S770. I learned a lot from these forums and am following the advice in connecting the system. The house is pre-wired to home theater and the previous owner used 16 gauge in wall wire with 4 conductors (black,white / red,green). I see the 4-conductor wire where surrounds are supposed to go and in the wall receiver is supposed connect, I see plugs for banana type connectors (2 of them - positive and negative). I have couple of question regarding setting up the system in this environment.

1. Can I use the 16 gauge 2 conductor wire to connect from receiver to the banana plugs (+ and -). Would there be a problem because I am mixing 2 and 4 conductor wires. I did not find 16 gauge 4 conductor wire in local stores (walmart,BB,CC,Radioshack and such).

2. To connect the speakers, can I just plug in the 16 gauge cable directly into the speaker connectors or do I have to use "flex connectors" from someone like Monster. And boy are they expensive!!!

3. When I got the 16 gauge wire, it came included with 4 pin type connectors. Can I use them to connect speakers?

Much appreciate if any one can help me out.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi, I just bought a DURABRAND HOME THEATER SYSTEM IT PLAYS DVD,MP3,JEPG AND KARAOKE BUT ONLY PLAYS DVD KARAOKE, THERES ANY ONE BY A CHANCE TO HAVE A CODE TO MAKE THE SYSTEM PLAY CD-G (regular karaoke cd) THANKS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us