Fluance break-in technique?

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanh

Fresno, CA

Post Number: 12
I just took delivery of a Fluance SX-HTB set. Suppose I want to break these in as soon as possible (and properly) before I render my verdict. Should I set my CD changer to continuous repeat and play varying music styles fairly softly all day while I'm at work? Would that 8 hours do it?

P.S. The Fluance speakers are very much heavier than the old Sonys they're replacing, which is encouraging. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 67
It takes them a while to loosen up. I found that softly didn't do much. I used John Williams and Steely Dan on a fairly loud setting.

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanh

Fresno, CA

Post Number: 13
Hmm, guess I can't break them in while I'm at work. :-)

I'm going to be setting up the room this weekend, so a couple last minute questions are in order...

Fluance's site mentions bi-wiring the fronts [ http://www.fluance.com/wiring.html ]. Is it worth it to make the effort to do this? I don't know whether my receiver will work (it's a Denon 2105, just got it today) -- a quick perusal of the instruction manual doesn't shed any light on the subject.

Also, any good tricks or tips for running speaker wire neatly around door frames and along corners?

Biggest surprise so far - electrical outlets on the back of the Denon. What a fantastic idea! I can plug my future sub straight into the receiver. Maybe the DVD player too. More room on the power strip for other stuff then. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 69
Bi-wiring is a waste of time IMHO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us