Cable

Username: Sprnsx2

Post Number: 1
When going from DVD player to receiver to TV...can you use component cables from the DVD to the receiver and then the older (composite?) cables (red, yellow, white) from the receiver to the TV. I have an older TV that will only allow those (red, yellow, white) connections. Also, is it beneficial to hook up my DVD to my receiver with a digital coax cable? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2309
The best connection is from your DVD composite video output (yellow jack) to your TV dieo input (again, yellow jack). Do not bother with component cables to your receiver, if your TV is not capable of component, it is a waste of money, go with the direct route.
The digital coaxial cable connection from your DVD to your receiver is great for the theater experience.

johnm
Unregistered guest
Steve-
If your TV only has composite inputs then it would be of no benefit to run component cables from your dvd player to your receiver. Actually, it may not even work. You should just run the yellow composite cable from the dvd to receiver, then a yellow composite from receiver to tv.

It would be beneficial to hook up your DVD to receiver with a digital coaxial cable. This will allow a digital signal to be played through your receiver for both DolbyDigital sound and DTS sound.

Username: Sprnsx2

Post Number: 2
i will give it a shot....thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us