Componet video cables


steve in va
Unregistered guest
can you use RCA cables in place of componet video cables

rca type cables can be used and will produce a signal, however the signal will not be hi definition

I have tried this at various times, and the signal is way below hi def

You absolutely need COMPONENT class cables for hi def

Now you don't need Monster brand etc. AR brand and others sell perfectly good component cables at far cheaper prices

The good news however is that you can use rca class switches e.g regular 2 and 3 or 4 channel switches to make perfectly good switching of the component cables, if necessary

About 2 yrs ago, when hi def started getting big, this was a big issue (as only rca class switches existed), and even at places like BEST BUY, salespeople had to concede regular (rca type) switches worked very well

New member
Username: Bangbang023

Brooklyn, NY United State...

Post Number: 4
Registered: Dec-04
You should definitely use Component Cables if you plan on getting Porgressive Scan or High Def. The basic Monster Cables BB sells are over priced garbage, outclassed by the AR wires costing half the price. However, the new THX line that they carry is prtety nice, but really only necessary for the hardcore enthusiast. I'd say just pick up some AR component wires for $25 and call it a day.

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »



Main Forums

Today's Posts

Top Deals

Forum Help

Follow Us