Newbie help here !!! long post sorry

Username: Gerrythegreat

Hawkesbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I should start off by saying that I am more of a music lover than a movie buff but my wife likes movies better.

I want to finish a part of my basement for a audio/video room. I m afraid this will take a while to get done ie 2 years. So I m thinking of starting to buy things now so it wont cost me a small fortune when I m ready.

The easiest buy would be a big screen tv since we only have a 27 inch sony right now but i m afraid that the technology will only get better and cheaper so I m thinking it would be better to wait.

Can the same be said for speakers?
Can I buy an audio system now that I can use to complete my home theatre later?

Should I wait all together?

god am I lost

Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 4
I would hold off if you're going to get a plasma TV. The prices are definately not going up on those...

You could get speakers any time--that's old technology I guess and I don't know that the prices of speakers are changing.

About the receiver--if you are content to have 5.1 and don't want to wait for the 6.1 or 7.1 receivers to come down, you could get that now.

However, if you buy speakers now, you will be limited in how powerful of a receiver you can get later.

I would wait, but that's me.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1929
I would spend the money on a good set of quality speakers and keep them in the box. Save some money to use for the receivers later down the line and then finally the TV.
Speaker technology has not changed much and you will probably want to spend the money on those, because the expenditure will add up...believe me, I've been there:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us