TJ wanted to know about Onkyo LS-V955 from HTIB Critical Reviews

Bronze Member
Username: Matthew2582

Raymore, MO United States

Post Number: 48
TJ wrote to me about starting up a HTIB Best Buys site (with no-nonsense reviews and forum) :

Hi Matthew,

That is a great idea. I was forced to sign up at avguide due to the lack of reviews for the Onkyo LS-V955.

Btw, do you have any thoughts on this system? My main concern is being able to use digital audio from Xbox, is that possible? I noticed that this system had a digital audio output but not an input. Do I need that? What is the drawbacks in not having it?

Thank you!

TJ"

I replied to TJ :

Hi Thomas

Yes you can hook up your Xbox to LS-V955 through its digital inputs - of course you have to use some analog connections too as I am sure you realize. So you are going to want to go Component Video there. The Circuit City staff are, believe it or not, quite competent at this stuff. If you feel your sales guy is fluffing you off - ask for another - they DO always have someone who knows the connectivity stuff.

What they DO NOT know about - is how to configure HTIB's or calibrate them - and they certainly have no idea as to what makes a musically accurate system. They know which ones 'go loudest' and pump out the most 'bass' but that's it.

I think that for the price you have a steal. The Onkyo DVD/receiver is not only gorgeous but it is lovely sounding. I love this system for people who want 'style' and good sounds.

Regards

Matthew
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us