Confused, Need Help Please

Username: Jdeluca81

Post Number: 2
I am currently in the process of purchasing my first HDTV along with Hi-def accessories and am having trouble determining exactly what I need for a receiver. I was looking to keep costs down on the audio side of things but also maintain quality. It was suggested to me that I purchase a Yamaha HTR-5740 Receiver. So I figured I would round that out with a purchase of the YHT-450 Home Theater System to make things nice and simple. The problem I am having is that the gentlemen at the store told me it would be adequate to handle three components using Monster cable digital coaxial cable, but yet I only see one digital coax input/output. I plan on running my Xbox (with a Psyclone Component Video with Digital Optical Port connection and a TOSLINK Optical Connection), A DVD player, and my Sony VEGA HDTV (KDF-42WE655) all through the Yamaha receiver...Will this work with my current cables (Monster Video2 and Monster Cable Interlink Datalink100 cables) or do I need to purchase a ridiculously expensive receiver to make this work or will the one suggested work just fine? Oh and if it matters, all the digital coaxial cables say RCA digital connection...Does that imply that these cables work in any RCA input/output on a receiver or only via digital coaxial input/output? Please help me, I know very little about receivers and this new digital coaxial cable technology. This is really driving me nuts not knowing where to go from here.

Thanks so much for all of your help in advance...And sorry if I've asked some stupid questions...I'm new to all of this. Thanks again.

JDeLuca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us