Denon avr 1905 2805 or hk avr 330

Anonymous

Hi ppl,
I have to make decision between the above receivers. I dont know whether I have made the right decision. I am trying to build a 5.1 system at home now. If I have made a right decision, which one of the above is good? Which speakers make a good combination with the receiver with respect to the sound quality? I need your help please. I have to buy them and set them up this weekend. If none of the above is good, which receiver should I go for then? and what are the speakers to get good output?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1815
I would go with the HK with Athena ASF2 or Axiom m60.

Anonymous

what's your:
- budget
- listening preference (HT or music)
- room size?

Anonymous

My budget for the entire system (including receiver and speakers for 5.1) is 1200USD. Listening preference is more of HT. Room size is 22 width X 14 length X 9 height. Is there any other receiver better than these say NAD or something? and if there is, what speakers can go with that receiver please?

Thanks

Anonymous

Sorry again. I want wall mountable speakers rather than floor standing or in wall.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
Then HK 330 with Athena Micra 6 or Klipsch Quintet.

Anonymous

Is this combination good for watching movies? I went to a dealer for NAD. Witht he speakers it is going out of my budget.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1835
I believe they are excellent. You have your eye on an excellent receiver and these speakers will not do it justice. But it will do on a tight budget. You can always upgrade later:-)
Let us know what you end up getting.

Anonymous

Hi Berny,
Thanks. I heard klipsch are little harsh. So
I should go to athena then? I am looking at hk330 now. Looks like the output from the receiver is less for the price to be paid. How about any other receiver which gives around 100W output? My room size is 22X14

Gold Member

Post Number: 1838
Actually, you have to listen to them yourself, as some find the Klipsch perfect for their taste. I don't think the Quintet is harsh at all. And do not get caught up in the "watts" numbers game, it is very misleading and is not indicative of the performance. Different manufacturers use different methods of measurements to come up with insane numbers of wattage and those measurements are not regulated so they can come up with whatever they like. The HK 330 is an awesome receiver with better power supplies than most receivers claiming 600 watts or more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us