Surround Sound setup??

Username: Sweetpred

Kingsport, Tennessee Usa

Post Number: 1
Hello, I have a RCA 52" Widescreen Projection HDTV Monitor D52W19, A Sony DVP-NS725P DVD Player, and a Sony HTD-DW840 Home Theater System. Can someone help with setting up the best hookup for the best sound and picture with these components?
I have Component cords and rca jacks also the coaxial cable for the dvd to receiver. Anything else I will gladly go and buy!!!!
Thankies!!
Sweet

Bronze Member
Username: Sandiego

Post Number: 33
sounds like you have what you need. you mention you already have component cables. Do you have one set for your dvd player to your tv and another for your cable box to your tv? If you tv is like mine than it is HD capable meaning you need a high def cable box for it to work. This means you will need component, DVI, or HDMI cables to run from your box to your tv just to run the high def channels. You will need another cable to run your regular channels. I would reccomend an S-video cable. Also, I would replace the speaker wire that your Sound system came with to something larger such as 16 or 14 guage. Now all you need are movies to watch... Good luck and hope it all goes well

Username: Fnance

Post Number: 1
I am wondering if there is a site where I can download a PDF Manual for the RCA HTS-1000 system? I'd be grateful for any assitance in this matter...ThanksUpload

Username: Leen619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 6
David,
On my HDTV, I do have HD cables from my DVD to the tv, but I should also have HD cables from my cable box to the TV as well right?
Shoot, I think I don't have that. I only remember buying one set just for the DVD. I did also buy HD cables for my XBOX.

Username: Sweetpred

Kingsport, Tennessee Usa

Post Number: 2
Hi David and thanks for the quick reply. My HDTV is not hooked up to HDTV. I have cable and a cable box. I have the component cables from the dvd to the tv and the regular RCA Jacks from VCR to receiver and RCA Jacks form Receiver to TV. I do not get a picture when I play the VCR, Just sound. The DVD plays fine and sounds GREAT!! Only problem I have is this....My Tv keeps shutting off. WHat am i doing wrong? And I have not hooked up the cable box to the receiver....It is hooked up to the TV thru a regular cable cord.
Any suggestions????
Sweet

Anonymous

Frankie, consider yourself lucky to find ANYTHING as far as information on the RCA HTS-1000. My brother gave me his because he lost the remote and I cannot find any information on it or ideas for a replacement remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us