Is the Onkyo HT-S760 missing anything?

Username: Miraclemet

Post Number: 1
Im looking to buy the Onkyo HT-S760 as the first component of my new home theater system (next comes the Home Entertainment PC followed by the new TV).

Is there any reason not to buy this system?

Price is an issue so being able to buy this for around or just under $400 put me at my price limit, but seemed to be worth far more based on the reviews Ive read...

Bronze Member
Username: Sandiego

Post Number: 11
my roomate has the 760 in our living room and I can tell you honestly that I havent heard anything that sounds that good for the money. The sub is incredible. We use all three digital inputs for sound and we haven't been dissapointed at all. So in answer tho your question, the only reason I would not buy the 760 is if you could afford the 770. 30 more watts per channel and a 2 inch larger sub with 70 more watts. Also, the 770 decodes Dolby PRO IIx and has 4 digital inputs. This is not to say that the 760 is underpowered by any means.. It sounds a lot more powerful than most other systems boasting the same specs. Good luck with you descision you will not be dissapointed with the 760
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us