Wiring 5.1 surround sound kit to tv

Username: Dj_danny_b

Post Number: 1
Hi
I have bought a 5.1 surround sound kit and i have a normal tv ps2 and freeview box in my room, how do i get the sound from my freeview and my ps2 through the surround sound???plz help

cheers

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6270
What kind of surround sound kit is this?

Did it come with an instruction manual?

Post Number: 2
its a creative inspire 5.1 or sumet, it did have instructions but i dont know where they have gone and it didnt tel me how in there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6285
Unless you have 5 analog outputs on your TV or freeview box you really can't use it. This set was designed for a PC.

You have to have a front left, right, center, rear left and right surround and a subwoofer output from your freeview box or your TV.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 746
Berny,
I take it that freeview is a digital OTA, or wireless, "cable" system that requires the purchase of a box that will pick up multible channels with an ordinary antenna. Since there are different manufacturers of these boxes, there can be differences in features and/or outputs.

In any case, the service is free after the box is installed, provided the user lives in an area covered by the freeview signal.

Correct?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6290
John,
Have you encountered this "freeview"?

I am wondering myself.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 747
Berny,
Upon further research Freeview is a BBC sponsored system that works exactly as I described above. The system is used only in the UK. To my knowledge nothing like it exists in the US, or anywhere else. As with analog transmission, reception is limited to a limited radius around the existing broadcast towers. It is not clear to me whether Freeview will support HD in the near future. Obviously that would require the purchase of a new box hooked to an HD ready TV.

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview.html

Post Number: 4
right well i now have a acoustic solutions 5.1 for tvs and dvd and so on so is there any way i could connect this up????

Gold Member

Post Number: 6335
So did you get rid of the Creative Inspire?

Is the acoustic solution 5.1 designed for anything else other than computers? Do you have the manual for it?

Unregistered guest
Please help, I need a basic wiring diagram for home cinema, tv, sky box and dvd player.

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 675
elaine
go here a lot of what you what has been give here

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/199757.html

Post Number: 5
yes the inspire is on the pc now and i have an acoustic solutions one which is for dvd players tvs vcrs and so on, that is what it says on the box. it has a optical input and coxial input and stereo input on the back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6343
You can use the PS2's optical output and the analog output from the TV.

Post Number: 6
will i get surround through left & right rca's or just stereo sound????

Gold Member

Post Number: 6373
Depends on your receiver's capabilities. If it has different surround formats that you can choose manually then you can, but they are just matrixed and not true surround.

Post Number: 8
ok
it has 6 dsp modes and surround decoder n all that so ill give it a try, if it doesnt work would using one of these work??? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344462.htm it has optical out for sound. let me know. thanks

Post Number: 9
oh and also this is the surround kit ive got.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5125423.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us