Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 250
New Thread

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1225
oh u didn't have to - i told ya b4 we could make use of this https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/163069.html
no harm done though - lol Upload

Ya gonna fooooool a ton o ppl & i bet alot of them might wanna jack this thread .....

seems like Josh is MIA ...

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 255
he will be back...lol, and my bad i forgot about that

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 256
I pre-ordered my XBOX 360 Thursday, i cant wait

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2161
i'm gonna go take pics of me stuff.....arrrrrgh(that's my Pirate impression if ya couldn't tell):-) LMAO!!!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1226
Is that 360 coming out this yr !?

Have u played Burnout: Revenge (part 4) guys ? -
its really hot better than 3 cause this time u completely knock cars out your way when u r blazing down d road unlike 3 where u crash everytime .

Josh - only ppl that says "ME" in a sentence like that r Coookie Monster or Jamaicans - LOL
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2164
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/166874.html

Blam Baby!

i thought i heard a pirate or 2 talk like that. lol

nope, i haven't played my PS2 in like a month. lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1228
Go git Burnout 4 - its shweeeeeeeet !
speaking of burnout - i just burnt my Sunday lunch while spending d time online ! - lol Upload

so what u think of this deal
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2167&aff=45847

click here http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4281.html# & click on the "View larger and other pictures" link & check it out .....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1230
What brand of sub is this ? - Treo ?
Upload

Upload
My bro's friend sent these pics of what he's gonna in stall but 4got 2 say what brand ...its a 15"

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1231
Oh i just figured it out its crossfire XT215 !

1500 wrms

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1232
Josh - tell me Y it seems like that amp is bolted onto that sub box ,is that a temp situation ?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2174
it isn't bolted directly onto the sub box.
there are two pieces of 3/4" MDF that were placed on top of the box, and it was mounted to those. so it is mounted to 1.5" of MDF, and the inside of the box is braced.

besides that, i had no other place to put it.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2179
posted pics of how the sub is mounted to the box.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/166874.html

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1237
Well strictly speaking by d book that amp should not be on d box . Couldn't u put it on behind d other seat or on d side by your fender ?

Do u approve of what i posted in that post above d sub pic ? .... i googled & can't find a better price than that ....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2187
Well strictly speaking by d book that amp should not be on d box . Couldn't u put it on behind d other seat or on d side by your fender ?
-------------------------------------------------

no, i couldn't put it on the other seat b/c then i wouldn't be able to fold-up the seat b/c it would hit the frame that leads into the trunk.
and i couldn't put it on the side b/c there wasn't enough room between the side and my sub box.

those prices look good to me.:-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1238
d side i was talking about was near the rear quarter panels unless your jack or tool kit is there ....

well i've searched alot & i can't find many 500wrms subs that aren't overly expensive - i would luv 2 get Jl or Mmats but damn they r expensive so i guess i'd have 2 go type R unless u see something better .......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1239
hey - can u check s/h of this to your area 4 me , i checked it using my bro's in Tamarac & it shows $80 !
http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_49_141&products _id=6076&osCsid=db673d13bd3b01f27e8241836cfc3082

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2196
how many do you want me to check for?
the qty. says 3
you are only getting 2 right?

$80 for me too if you get 2.:-)
https://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1240
yea - 2

somethings freaking wrong with their s/h system - maybe i'll ask my bro 2morrow 2 personally called them & ask . Standard s/h from a couple online sites i checked put d s/h @ $25/sub

They r very cheap , 10 bux cheaper than what i previously showed ya .......

Didn't know u worked part time @ a Grocery store - guess what , i did too when i had just finshed school cause that was my only choice . Def No shame in that though cause its an honest job & we all have to start working somewhere .....Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2204
i started working there the day after i turned 15 yrs. old

and i haven't been able to find a job that has a more flexible schedule or benefits than this one.:-)

how come you haven't been on the forum much today?
are you paying me back for me not being on that much the past few days? lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1241
Grocery work isn't all that bad - sometimes bidnes is slow & u got nothing 2 do . Did that job help ya buy your ride & streo stuff all by your self ? - work hard & ye shall see ye rewards ,eh !

Oh - i'm around here since 8 but nothing very interesting going on in da forum much 2night . Am getting emails of your thread & what u guys r yaking about , that Tyler is 1 happy carefree guy who like 2 talk alot of crap ! Anytime some1 only quietly whispers Volvenhag - man , that guy is right on it like his dad owns da company - lol

What i'm really doing online since 8 is busting my @$$ trying 2 see what 12" subs i can find since that IDQ broke my heart & like i'm running rong in circles & coming back to dem Alpines - lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1242
look @ d amp section 2night - there was an incredible 2hr & 45min GAP !!!!!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2210
"Anytime some1 only quietly whispers Volvenhag - man , that guy is right on it like his dad owns da company"

i laughed for a good deal of time before i could even reply to this. lol:-)

"trying 2 see what 12" subs i can find since that IDQ broke my heart"

i'm still suffering from that as well, but i still plan on getting an IDMAX in the far future.

i found out that my sub has about the same Xmax as an IDMAX.:-O

on the ID website, the Xmax is 24.9(or something like that) and on the DD website, it says "Suspension" and next to that is 50mm, so i figured that is the total operating length for the sub, so i divided that in half, and then take away maybe 1-1.5mm to keep it in its linear Xmax and it comes out to a little under the IDMAX.:-O:-):-O:-):-O:-):-O:-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1250
My employee has called in sick so i gotta b in my shop all day until 7 2night by myself so i should b able 2 catch u guys around 8 ..... laterz !

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2245
haha, i get off work at 8.

so see ya then!:-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1265
Monday night WWF Raw is on right now on d USA Network ! - lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2260
so is UFC Unleashead, and the Chargers vs. the Steelers(NFL) :-O:-O:-):-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2261
*Unleashed*

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1269
don't know its this is real or a drawing
found it on google
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2263
that's looks cool.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1271
U r mighty quiet on da forum 2day ....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2274
2day....you meant this morning for you. lol:-O

i wasn't very interested with any of the topics. that and UFC and the football game was on. lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1277
yea - that meant last night ......

U sure r answering ?s 2day - your day off ?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2295
yup my days off are tues, thurs, and sunday.
but i need to get started on some homework, but this forum is like a magnet, and i am the voice coil. LMAO.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1303
Guess u just got off work - its another slooooooow day on this forum

just read your problem - what amperage of battery does your Lancer have right now , is it d stock 375amp ?

I also getting insane picking out subs 4 myself - lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2325
not sure. i'll check sometime tommorow.

i posted in response to your post about the IDMAX and L7 in our Second thread.

did you get confused and post in that one instead? lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1311
when i chose my battery last Thurs day i looked @ it in my own crazy logical way -lol

stock alt is 80 , 1 of my amps will draw 100amp & d other will 100+ too so thas 300 or so . Stock battery is 325amps so i got da biggest available batt 825 AMPS ! ...roughly 2.5 times what is needed , means i have current in storage .

I would say get a Optima (can't remeber how many amps they r) & see if that works http://www.etronics.com/listproducts.asp?catid=6173&store=

pretty cheap i'd say , if that don't work then get a 2nd batt just 4 d music ...

What did audionutz tell U ?

i posted in old thread 4 old times sake - lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2329
D-bo told me that i need to get an Optima battery.

he will sell me a new Red top for $100

he had a problem with his old one, so they sent him a new one, and then sent him another one! lol so he wants to sell it to me.

but i'm broke. lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2331
okay...we gotta talk

you are trying to sell your amp and get 2 750wRMS subs?

what subs are you looking at?
you do know how loud 2 750wRMS subs will get right? at least 140db's....and 140db's hurts your ears. just looking out for ya.

if you want, i will help ya look for some subs if ya want.:-)
i really wish you lived in the states, i would definitely make the trip to TT to meet ya if i had the money. lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1314
Well u could take it on credit & work it off ....

Thats just a crazy idea/option i was playing with - lol .

remember this from da old thread
"My bro has a "Power Craptastik" (d term Glass uses) 2100D rated 2 do 2000wrms @ 1ohm . So i guestimate it does 3/4 of that =1500wrms so thats Y i rec 2 12s SE for him . PA amps r not as bad as Glass said though ,maybe underrated yes but not terrible by any means ".

wel 2day i found d perfect subs 4 him & can be found right here in T&T http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/p30.htm

http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2160

local shop has it tt$1499 = us$237.94 so best if he got it here . He has heard some mmats & luvs em - i heard maybe 1 or 2 but from a distance & they R loud !

If i had about 1500wrms on hand i'd get em too . Local shop also has RF p series & T1/T2 , Kicker comp vr & JBL subs . Mmats is d only 1 i'd ever buy locally .....
So far those type R is d only natch 4 my amp so i will make a decision this wk 4 sure .

My bro in Fl is coming down on d 31st Oct so i can get him 2 bring anything with him like amps - T&T tickets go sale sometimes & r like us$300 or less sometimes , maybe next yr we'll hook up - lol ...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2336
that would be sweet to go to T&T.

i like the look of those MMATS Dreadnauts.:-O

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1317
mmats r priced close to JL !

T&T is not too pleasant nowadays as crime is running a bit out of hand right now .

ITS A LONG STORY - will try to make it short 4 ya

Though we r pretty modern with computers & world class eduacated ppl & stuff -its our political history which totally sucks ! . Population % is ppl from Africa (about 38% roughly) & ppl from India 42% & rest are whites,Syrians,Chinese & mixed ppl . Descendants that is , not actual ppl who have migrated from each country - lol

We have 2 major political parties - 1 African based & 1 Indian based & ppl from either race vote 4 either party . Now from earlier days d African party was always d winner cause they were formed 1st & a few yrs back d Indian based party won & they were d best ever but u know ppl cannot be pleased (racist) & was blamed heavily 4 a few Gov't projects gone bad by contrators themselves so now d other crappy party is back & they r well known 2 just sit on their butts & let things slide downhill while they & their friends full pocket$ so right now crime is high .
Alot of upcoming youths r lazy & don't like 2 go school/qualify/work , they just like bling & prefer to commit crime & d newest trend right now is to kidnap 4 ransome d Indian ppl's kids/relatives who have worked yrs 2 achieve what they have & its happening kinda often now & some families have migrated to Us/Can .
I'm of Indian descent & not racist BTW - but even though ppl walk d streets freely & get along well but when it comes 2 politics ppl here just vote by race orientation & don't care which party actually does uplift & perform 4 d ppl of T&T . That Afro based party dealth with criminal elements 2 get back into power so it seems that criminals now think thats its ok 4 them 2 do as they please . Right now d latest new crime plan is to bring in Scotland yard & ppl from England etc to try their expertise . Mayor Guilianni (spell check) from NY offered his services almost 2yrs ago 4 a fee of course & d Gov't refused cause that'll make them look bad .

We have alot of tourist like stuff ,coastline all around ,good cuisine,scenery & sexy women etc lol but pretty much citizens r going along their daily lives very cautiously not free like b4 hoping that crime does not reach them ....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1318
Going for my 1st time EVER Dentist check up (10 am) in d morn - so i better hit d sack now .....

see u around after i get back from there .......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1326
I'd say chill & play it easy until tues when those boys get back ....

Just came back from buying some cheap speaker wires & Right now i'm about 2 b putting in 2 low powered 12s in that box i showed i had - 2 be run temp off d HU ......

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2352
yeah, i will just take it easy until they get back.

hmmmmm. the HU? lol

be careful my son.:-O lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1327
Ok - i just did it . Well i ain't going no sound-off with that ! - it works but not too much bass as expected .

Like i said its temp . I had these 2 12" 60w (prolly max) Blast King subs that i bought about 7yrs back ,had them in sealed 9x14x28 sized box under my work table when i was doing metalwork then . Ran them off my old Pioneer amp & they rocked pretty good/clean - used to vibrate the roofing sheets about 12ft up above . For such cheap @zz subs they played vey well with that set-up .

i could not put in my Pioneer subs in now cause that HU won't even tremble them so thats y i used them cheapos subs . My bro has a 2chan power acoustik amp lying around so i just might stick that in 2morrow .

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1334
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2364
hahahahaha. that is great! lmao

where did you find that?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2365
check these out.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1335
i luv that toilet 1 ! - reminds me of d sh!t some of d guys post on d forum ! - LOL

found mine's here http://www.steveselectronics.biz/phpBB2/index.php - its a Trini forum .

take a read & see if u understand d dialect - lol

Last wk we were talking about d band ColdPlay - very next i went out & got their Cd titled "X & Y" - i'm listening to it right now ,its shweeeeeet ! ....u better start downloading it now ..........

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2367
that's a cool forum.

everybody that posts there talks just like you!:-) lol

i will have to get some of their tracks off of limewire.:-O

JaG 2525
Unregistered guest
IM BOERD

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 289
User Name Posts
glasswolf 10,759
jan_b_vigne 6,137
jonathan_f 4,936
subfanatic 4,806
carguy 4,761
project6 4,130
james1115 4,043
invain 3,874
john_a 3,790
insearchofbass 3,546

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 290
Muddy u shall be here soon

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2371
LOL, wouldnt that be cool.:-O

but that would mean i would have to beat the last guy, and i am pretty far behind. lol

that reminds me, i haven't seen Subfanatic on here in a while, after everyone started bashing him.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1347
CB always come on @ such late hrs -lol

Took last night off didja ? - u didn't mis much . @ primetime on d forum there was a whole 2hrs gap !
On that Trini forum they talk more crap than we here ...

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 292
thats a suprise its getting cold outside, so i would think more people would come inside

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 293
Maybe not in Trini or Florida

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1374
I just finished watching STREET FIGHTER 2 THE MOVIE - Japanese anime stuff thats Y i'm still awake ...... but i'm going to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now ! .

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1394
Click on this
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/8880.html

all u will see is CB - guess @ 3am he was bored ..... lol

Its so unreal that all gaming sections would be so barren - Hmmmmm woulda if some1 wicked put a p.o.r.n pic in each section then ppl would actually post something there ...lol

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 303
maybe

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 304
its so dead that might not even work

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1422
Well loooky here , Muddy's back -lol

I just dropped in briefly so I'll check back later 2night - i did a small amp install 2day , but right now i'm gonna wash my ride ...laters .....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2395
haha, yeah i have been over at my GF's house in my spare time over the past few days.:-O:-):-O:-)

peace.
make sure you get them rims nice and blingy. lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1428
U luv "borrowing" my smileys ,don'tcha - lol

Thats better than hangin around a quiet forum . I notice almost everyday d Amp section gets quiet an hr , hr & a 1/2 ,sometimes 2hrs straight . Its been an all type R wk on d sub section with basically a few ppl asking variations of d same scenario .

Cannot spend too much time on d forum 2night as my bros in d US will be calling then my other bro says he wants to use d net later 2night so i will watch a St Fighter Alpha dvd that a customer lent me . Last night i saw Tekken : the movie - anime stuff , was ok though predictable & could have been longer .....

Oh btw - i've decided on 2 12s type R ,getting them here cheapest online site i could find which includes s/h . I told my bro in FL to order it 4 me.......http://www.carstereoland.com/shop/shop_goodsview.asp?Top=1&g_code=20057117255390 57298

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2401
sweet.
those are the newer models with the ripple surround right?

i think you will be very happy with the R's.

yeah, i like to "borrow" your smileys. lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2410
testing testing....

What Up Dude{www.ddaudio.com}

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2411
hmmmm didn't work. dang it....

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2412
HAHA I GOT IT!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2413
I think i like it this way better.:-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2414
that's definitely not the right website though. lmao

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1431
what ya doing - trying to get colored posts ?

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 311
Have u guys heard of Terry Tate

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 312
Dat Sh!t is funny as hell.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 313
This is just one of 6

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5922/terry_tate_long_version

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2426
dude......i haven't laughed that hard....in a long time.

that is one of the funniest vids i have ever seen.

"thank you terry, thank you, aaahh!" *as he holds the recycle bin* ROFL.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2427
no, i was making it so when i post a link, i can make it in my own words instead of the name of the website.

for example This website is my boy Rovin's Hometown Deal! lol :-O

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1437
It took my dial up almost 50 mins loading it up - i did not find it was that funny .

My ideas of funny are The 3 Stooges , Whose line is it anyway & South Park - now SP cracks me up !

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1439
HOPE THE ADMIN DOES NOT THINK I'M SPAMMING !

Iron Man Competition
Upload

ONLY IN AMERICA:

Only in America do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front!

Only in America...do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a diet coke!

Only in America do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters!

Only in America...do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage!

Only in America...do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

Only in America...do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'!

Only in America...do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering!

EVER WONDER...

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why you never see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why "abbreviated" is such a long word?

Why doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why the man who invests all your money is called a broker?

Why the time of day with the slowest traffic is called rush hour?

Why there isn't mouse-flavored cat food?

Why Noah didn't swat those two mosquitoes?

Why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
-----------------
Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the stupidity and send this to someone you want to bring a smile to,
(maybe even a chuckle)...in other words, send it to everyone. We all need to smile every once !...

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 314
That did put a smile on my face, also i laugh at almost everything. So i like South Park,Family Guy, When animals attack, and even Everybody loves Raymond.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 315
Also Rovin what kind of Internet Connection do you have.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1441
Standard Dial Up .

Only 2mths ago i signed up 4 d unlimited package (thats how come i'm now able to stay online often & my posts nos shot up rapidly = gold Memeber Status ! - lol) . Its VERY expensive here compared 2 u all ,b4 i had 50hrs/mth which costs in US$ 22.70 .

Now my unlimited dial up costs about US$ 50/mth !

In my country there is only i stinking phone/internet company (Gov't owns 51% i think) but a new company is coming on next mth & a few US companies have apply for licenses . After yrs of ppl complaining d Gov't has finally granted some licenses ....

In Cable TV ,btw - there used to be about 6 different companies but about 4 yrs now the biggest 1 bought off them all , so its a monopoly . We pay about US$32/mth for about 50 really good channels - so thats not too bad cause u all pay between $30/40 . There's also Direct TV but i prefer the channels on cable . Now that i hang around d forun alot - i watch less TV - lol

Upload

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 318
Thats f*ck up

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 325
I have had broadband since like 97

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 347
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2434
dude, i turned on my system today, after having it off for like 3 days......and no problems.

wierd huh?
i will still have them look at it when they get back on....WEDNESDAY!!!! dang it, i though they would be back on Tues, but i guessed wrong. lol

i'm guessing there is a short in one of my rear speaker wires, not sure though.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 350
i dont no if i could go 3 days with no bump

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1447
Guess like everything else your system needs a break - lol . its gotta be a short or wiring issue .

CB - what freeking model of earthquake subs r those ? - its hugh !

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 354
HoLeeS I think, I had never heard of this thing
http://cgi.ebay.com/Earthquake-HoLeeS-15-Extreme-Competition-Subwoofer-Sub_W0QQi temZ5819615687QQcategoryZ18804QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 367
Hey look at this skip down to when i start posting

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/115546.html

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 368
Its creepy

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1458
u have 2 admit d guy iz talented 2 do graphical work like that .

Either he's messing around or iz a game FREAK or just a PLAIN FREAK ! - lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1463
Subject: Case of the Pregnant Lady

ACTUAL AUSTRALIAN COURT DOCKET 12659
>> > CASE OF THE PREGNANT LADY
>> >
>> > A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man
>> > opposite her was smiling at her.
>> >
>> > She immediately moved to another seat. This time the smile turned
>> > into a grin,
>> >
>> > so she moved again.
>> > The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man
>> > burst out laughing,
>> >
>> > she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.
>> >
>> > The case came up in court. The judge asked the man (about 20
>> > years old), what he had to say for himself.
>> >
>> > The man replied, "Well your Honor, it was like this: When the
>> > lady got on the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition.
>> > She sat under a sweets sign that said, "The Double Mint Twins are
>> > Coming"
>> > and I grinned.
>> > Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, "Logan's Liniment
>> > will
>> > reduce the swelling ,
>> >
>> > and I had to smile.
>> >
>> > Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said,
>> > "William's Big Stick Did the Trick",
>> >
>> > and I could hardly contain myself.
>> >
>> > BUT, your Honor, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign
>> > that said, "Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident". I
>> > just lost it."
>> >
>> > "CASE DISMISSED!!"

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 369
Thats funny!!!

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 428
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/142206.html

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 429
It said Rovin Sux d

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1479
Well i just posted a reply to that - thanx 4 having my back.....Upload. I hardly look @ those sections cause i mostly hang out on d amp/sub section ......

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 441
nobody deserves to be told they sux, especially in cyberspace

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1493
Hey - u got in early 2night ....lol

U r a man of few words though .

Like Josh is taking a few nights off getting bz with his GF - can't blame em @ all .....

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 451
yeah, i didnt have 2 work today, im real lazy so i dont type much, and i would do the same thing.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2447
hehe, i was over at her house all day yesterday.:-)

i added my 2 cents to that thread as well. lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1504
Ok here's 2day's gag .......

Subject: Computer Gender

An English teacher was explaining the concept of gender association in the English language.

He stated how hurricanes at one time were given feminine names, and how ships and planes were usually referred to as "she." One of the students raised their hand and asked, "What gender is a computer"?

The teacher wasn't certain which it was, so he divided the class into two groups, males in one, females in the other, and asked them to decide if a computer should be masculine or feminine. Both groups were asked to give four reasons for their recommendation.

The group of women concluded that computers should be referred to in the masculine gender because:

1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve your problems, but half the time they are the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have had a better model.

The men, on the other hand, decided that computers should definitely be referred to in the feminine gender because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in their long-term memory for later retrieval.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 462
Good Job Josh, and I have read that somewhere b4. My teacher brought that joke to class last year, but it is so true

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1507
Alpine type R 12"
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2448
that's a funny joke. lol

and that is a cool pic of a Type R.

i sure haven't been on the forum as much as i used to. lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1513
I took some time off from d forum 2night to - FRESH NEW SEASON OF SOUTHPARK & DRAWN TOGETHER was on 2night on comedy central . Both were very hilarius but i won't spoil it 4 u all . Then i watch Xplay on Tech Tv , then a lil bit of Leno , then some channel flipping & now i'm here 4 a few minutes & off 2 bed in a short while .......

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 480
I missed it :-(

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2459
hey Chauncey, you got anymore vids of "Triple T"? lol.

that was so funny. i can't find anymore of him, and i think you mentioned something like that was one of 6 vids.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 491
there like 15-20 megs apiece, either use limewire or i can try and email them to u

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2467
you don't know of any websites that have them like metacafe?

i looked on their website, but there were just so many vids to look through.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1530
I logged on here just after 9 & saw sub sect out of order then shortly after electricity here went off !

So having nothing 2 do i went & sat in my ride & listened 2 some tunes . Just after 11 d elec came back & Sub section too is back on - looks like d circumstances worked out ...

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 520
nope, reebok had to take them off because they got sued, by one of the people in the videos because he really hit them or something. Whats ur e-mail address

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2481
pm sent.

dude, i would like to hit the guy that leaves the coffe pot empty....i don't drink much coffee, but based just on principle alone.................i'd take his head off. lol:-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2482
hey Rovin, send me a pm, so i can get your email.
so like if i have a ? or something, and the forum is down.:-O

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 542
muddy they where too big to send in an email so im am posting them on Jake Hill server. I hope he doesnt get mad.

ftp://jdesigns.servehttp.com/upload/

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 543
so hurry and download them

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2498
it won't work, it says error when trying to copy file, and when i double-click them, it says the page cannot be displayed.

don't worry about it man, i will just try to find them on Google.:-)

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 552
Sorry, but if u use a p2p u should find them with ease (kazaa, limewire, bearshare)

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 561
try this muddy

http://board.iexbeta.com/lofiversion/index.php/t47380.html

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2520
haha, those vids are hilarious.
thanks.:-O

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 570
I really wish they would make more

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2522
i like the one where he is at the hotel. lol
my favorite is when he pulls on the imaginary train horn and says "wooooooooh!" lmao:-O

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 589
I like draft day

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2531
wonder where Rovin is?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1599
oh - i'm here alright . I had a quick nap during d day 2day but i'm gonna sleep in like 1/2 hr cause my sis's husband wants me to install a Hu in a Suzuki jeep in d morn .....

here is a nice joke i just stole off a local forum in my country (& it was posted by a female !) ........
Lulu was a prostitute, but she didn't want her grandma to know. One day, the police raided a whole group of prostitutes at a sex party in a hotel,and Lulu was among them. The police took them outside and had all the prostitutes line up along the driveway when suddenly, Lulu's grandma came by and saw her granddaughter.

Grandma asked, "Why are you standing in line here, dear?"

Not willing to let her grandmother know the truth, Lulu told her grandmother that the policemen were passing out free oranges and she
was
just lining up for some.

"Why, that's awfully nice of them. I think I'll get some for myself," Grandma said, and she proceeded to the back of the line.

A policeman was going down the line asking for information from all
of the
prostitutes. When he got to Grandma, he was bewildered and exclaimed,"Wow, still going at it at your age? How do you do it?"

Grandma replied, "Oh, it's easy, dear. I just take my dentures out, rip the skin back, and suck them dry."

The policeman fainted! ........Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1600
found it here

http://www.steveselectronics.biz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1321

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 616
thats funny as he!l

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1601
Hmmm - i just noticed , post number 1600 !... Upload

Off 2 bed , later guys ..............zzzzzzzzz

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 620
congrats

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1609
2days gag .......

After digging to a depth of 100 meters last year, Russian scientists Found traces of copper wire dating back 1000 years, and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network one thousand years ago.

So, not to be outdone, in the weeks that followed, American scientists dug 200 metres and headlines in the US papers read: "US scientists have found traces of 2000 year old optical fibres, and have concluded that their ancestors already had advanced high-tech digital telephone 1000 years earlier than the Russians. "

One week later, the Trinidad & Tobago newspapers reported the following: "After digging as deep as 500 metres, T&T scientists have found absolutely nothing. They have concluded that 5000 years ago, their ancestors were already using wireless technology".

Thas why I Proud I is a Trini ! .....
Upload

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 626
would u rather have 2 12's Idmax or 1 15 sx

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 627
why am i asking that, my bad

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2539
lol. that's funnny.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2540
haha, two IDMAX's for sure.:-O

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1612
u guys around

whats your opinion on this ? - https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/170093.html

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 631
u saw what i had 2 say

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1645
When u guys get on give me a shout out cause i saw some sounds on Limewire that we blast locally that u all could download & check out ...........

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 648
give them to me please

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 69
So this is where the 3 pros go to chat,lol. Funny thread guys, I like reading all the comments!!

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 656
heck yeah

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1647
Oh no , he found us out ! - lol

yep James - we yak about our crap here so as not to clutter up da forum .....

Chauncey - log onto Limewire & type in RESSURECTION RIDDIM & a bunch of songs will show up try downloading d 1st 5 or so & see if u like em , try sometin new . Its Jamaican dancehall/reggae stuff ,extremely popular with d youths in my country ,see if u understand wtf they are singing ....

Upload

sub section broke again ,huh ....

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 660
like always

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 71
Don't worry fellos, I'll keep my mouth shut, but me eye's open. Keep up the daily humour....as every likes a good laugh :-)

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 665
its not even like that if u have something to input go ahead

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1650
James -its not like our 'personal stuff' & i'm sure d few ppl who even bother 2 post anything on d gaming section sees it . if u got something d 3 of us here can relate to ,u can join in .

Actually how this all started a few mths , i ran a thread about Mortal Kombat & Muddy responded & we had alot in common so we yakked regularly the then about a mth or more ago Chauncey posted in just how u posted 2day & now we 3 stooges post stuff daily ... easy as that -lol.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2547
welcome to the "party thread" James. lol

seems like Dave doesn't take too kindly to you Rovin.:-) lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1659
Hey

but which 1 of us is actually right ? .....i don't have time 2 waste argueing with him .

Try downloading them songs i told Chauncey about & see if u dig it ......

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 76
I may be new at this, but I agree with Rovin. It's only common sense that the bigger/more powerful the sub, the more pressure it creates. I have an 8" sub in an eclosure that's not even close to 3/4" but it still pounds for the size of it. If you put a higher RMS rating sub in an enclosure with small wood, it would bust apart with all the pressure. I'm guessing that's how it works. I only been into Car Audio for a couple years but this is the only logic reason it could be.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 713
hey rovin, i understood some of the words, because they use some of the same slang as i do.

Upload

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 714
and i liked it

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1674
was hoping that u would ...Upload
some are pretty vulgar but hey we r guys . I'm sure u noticed how its d same 'riddim' but about 10 or more different vocalists , thats d way d Jamaicans do it - somebody comes up with a beat & licenses it 2 many singers ....

Do u listen or get that stuff up there in d US ?

if not i will post some more names of d songs i know & u can download em .....

About that wood thickness thing - i'm thinking d same logic as u James but it seems he has his own theory ,so let him think what he wants . We all know a more powerful sub needs a solid box to resist flexing & loss of energy . Like i said in that thread from now on i'm building ALL my future box projects using 1" mdf since it recently became available in my area . My current box for my 400wrms Pioneer is built solid with 3/4 & well braced heavily along each inside edge & if u place an object on top of it , it will be vibrated off . Imagine a 1000wrms sub !

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1688
James -

why do u wanna buy a Kenwood amp ?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 82
haha, you had to see that! THat was an EXTREMELY last resort. I was looking around for all amps that will power the Type R and I came across this one on E-bay for a cheap price. I heard Kenwood made fairly good HU but SUCKY subs (heard them) but I was just wondering how good the amps were. I think I'm leaning towards the RF because I have the RF P3001 in my gf's car and it sounds awesome for the size. I"m just getting desprate!!! I need a complete sound system!!! I am used to bein in my gf's car with the system and then I get into my new car. All that's in it right now is my new Pioneer MP3 deck, and 2 stock 4" speakers. So needless to say, this sucks!!! I really want to get the type R so I need an amp that puts out 500 wrms and the RF amp puts out 623@4ohms. Bit over, but I'll just watch my gains.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1702
your ride can only fit 1 12" ?

why not get the Alpine MRD-M605 for it - only around $250 ,maybe cheaper on ebay .....

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 83
really? I'll have to check that one out. I rather have 2 12's but I think that will have to wait until I get out of college....lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1722
Hey James - have u read this thread ?

2 type Rs & an Orion 1200D all for less than $600 with free s/h

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/168742.html

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1789
Yooh hoo - anybody uses this here thread again ...lol

Short joke from online

The following is supposedly a true story. To be included, besides being true, the story is most likely strange, weird, surprising, or funny.

Gerrad, a friend of mine, bought a computer, even though he had never even used a typewriter before. After investigating the computer, he decided to call the help line. A friendly voice explained step by step how his new machine worked. All went well until the voice told him to press the space bar. After studying the keyboard, Gerrad said; "I've got the latest model and it doesn't have a space bar." But after further explanation, he managed to find it.

A week later, Gerrad again had problems and called the help line. An instructor was then sent to his house for training. But after a few minutes, Gerrad's head was spinning. "You don't need to go any further," he sighed, I don't understand a thing."

To cheer him up, the instructor said: "Hey, there are people who understand a lot less than you. Last week we had someone on the phone who didn't even know where the space bar was!"

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1790
Great site

http://www.lotsofjokes.com/cat_143.htm

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 88
haha, pretty good joke! Looks like everyone else went on strike lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1795
(((((Hey James - have u read this thread ?

2 type Rs & an Orion 1200D all for less than $600 with free s/h

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/168742.html)))))

have u James ???????

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 778
been busy gettin busy

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 89
hey rovin, I checked into it but the fact is that I live in Canada, which means that all them prices are US dollars, so when you convert it to canadian dollars, it's a lot more money and plus I would have to pay a lot for s/h. I guess that s/h is only free for the US. I will also have to pay HUGE custom charges to get something that size over the border. I had to pay $70 in custom fees (besides regular s/h fee) for a RF amp that came from Texas to get it over the border. Sounds very good (VERY) and I wish I had that kind of cash right now, but I'm really low (college kid..lol) and two 12's would mean a bigger box which would require more materials. All I can afford now is a small little system, and when I get a job, I will go BIG!! Thanks anyways Rovin, your a great help all the other times.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1833
Yea James - i know how it is .

Alot of d ppl on d forum may not even realise how many miles away i am - heck they r prolly think i'm in the USA or wonrin "whats thats Trinidad & Tobago address he has listed !" . Its the 2 islands just to the east of Venezuela, btw .

S/H $ is not that great to my country but customs do kill ya with their local s/h charges & around 35% tax in electronics too .
So thats y i'm patiently waiting on my bro who's a US legal citizen long time now who's coming down here next wk to bring my car audio stuff in his suitcase .

In your case get that 4ohms version of the 12" type R & that Alpine MRD-M605 amp & u should be good to go for now . Muddy has a 500wrms 10" DD sub & he said it does around 130dbs so u should be close with that single 12" ......Upload

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 90
wow, that's rockin for a starter system!! I kno you heard this before, but will the RF P5002 (623wrms @ 4ohms) work just as well as the Alpine MRD-M605 amp? I can get this amp for MUCH cheaper than the MRD-M605. I have another RF amp and it's awesome. Or, will the RF P4002 be a better amp (487wrms @ 4ohms) because I can get that ever cheaper than the P5002. I know I'm a pain Rovin, but I need to get a little thump in the trunk, while keeping my wallet full, lol.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1846
u meant Muddy's right ? - lol

man was i going nuts when i picked out my stuff u see i'm getting in my profile . Been on the net like 6-10hrs /day for days searching/reading - so u r not a pain ,bud .

I 4got all about that Rf u mentioned - yea git that 5002 amp & slot port your box . Where u getting it from & what price ? .

I might go watch some TV in a short while & get back on here around 11/12.00pm

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 91
from e-bay for a little over $200. I thinks it's a great deal since looking around at the MSRP price on car domain. The shipping charges and everything isn't too bad, compared to everything else. I'll be glad when it's here and IN MY CAR!!!

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 92
I can't find the specs for the box anywhere. What size of box (ported) should I get for this one 12? Thanks!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1865
just came on - got some yardwork 2 do so i'm going again shortly .....

they usually give u a spec sheet manual with every new sub u buy ....

From that u can also check the Theiele specs & see what box would work the best ...

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 93
alright, I was hoping that I could get a owner's manual from the internet for that sub so I could go ahead and start on the box but I can't find it Anywhere. I searched all over the alpine sites and they will not give me a 2005 manual. I might have to e-mail them and ask them myself.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1871
well u wouldn't put on ya pants & then put on your briefs after ,would u ! ...lol

i know u r anxious but wait until u have it in hand ,then build the box ....Upload

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 94
haha, you have a point there I guess. But I did find a design on the Internet for a ported box that was 1.5 cubic feet. It is a fairly big box and it's tuned to 30Hz. I was thinking of going with this box (or something similar) for the Type R. Do you kno off hand if it will work any good?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1876
i can't say yes or no cause like u - me no c specs anywhere ...lol

ported specs for a typical 12" is between 1.5 -2 cu.ft . When u get d manual of any good sub u will see Rec , Max , Min box volume so let that be u guide .

Box building doesn't have to be dead exact though cause i read long ago if 1 dimention is off by as much as 10% your ear will NOT distinguish it . Not too mention everything is metric now so a 3/4 or 1" mdf thickness might actually be a MM or 2 off - so don't let that drive u nuts .....

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1877
"day-light savings" time thing changed yesterday so right now i'm an hr ahead of the time this forum is showing .

By me its now 6.25pm .........

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1878
"day-light savings" time thing changed yesterday so right now i'm an hr ahead of the time this forum is showing .

By me its now 6.27pm .........

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 95
I seached and searched and I found the box specs for a ported box. Alpine says it should be a 2 cu.ft. but I don't have one clue in the world how I'm going to fit a box that big in the back of my 95 corolla!! Oh well, I'll just have to build it the biggest I can fit in there.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1902
which site u find d specs ?

makes life ez using the box building calculators on wwwthe12volt.com & www.bcae1.com

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 831
quick question

Ava, Brahma, or XXX

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 832
new system in the making

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1910
MMATS / DD / Treo / JL____!

really ? - i thought your system is only about 6mths or so old , or installed this yr something ...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1912
in this wk gone by ,i posted over 310 times & counting ! ....man, i did spend some time here .

I'm getting 2 b like Muddy - speaking of which , like he abandoned d forum or what ! ......

Upload

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 838
I just want something with a little more sq, was thinking about like 3 or 4 13w7, or maybe some treo's. Plus i can sell all my stuff to someone local and almost pay for my new system( I ebay)

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 839
and muddy aim me like thursday or friday, but i have not heard from him since

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 96
I wish I had your money Chauncey!! "I was thinking like 3 or 4 13w7." Your Nuts!! lol.....I'll do almost anything to get one but the most I can afford is a type R. The Type R is Good enough for now, but wait till I get real Money! I know where my first paycheck is going...lol.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1919
CB - buy 2 13w7 & 2 1000/1 amps .

From what i read all over alot of ppl say 1 is good loud enough so 2 should do u good is that JL HO or proedge box ppl who used it recommends .

If 2 not enough & u wanna go deaf or sound-off then get the other 2 ...
Upload

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 97
I'm some stupid. This whole time I was going to spend more money on an amp that does about 600wrms @ 4ohms and the dual 2 ohm Type R. Instead, why don't I save some money and get the dual 4 ohm VC Type R and get a 2-ohm stable amp?? I will save much money going with a 2-ohm amp. It took me this long to realize that. Stunned!!!

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 98
I checked around the net and around my home town and I discovered that I can buy my system from a retailer here with full warranty for the same price I would pay to get it off e-bay. The Type R I was looking at on E-bay was $130 CAD, $70 for shipping, and the prob another $50 (at least) for customs. I can get a brand new Type R around here for $249 with full warranty. Sucky eh'? Oh well, same goes with the amp. I got my eye on a MTX MXA4001 that does close to 500wrms @ 2 ohms (benchtested) here also. Oh well, I'll be happy when I just order it so I can stop looking! At least for a year or so, lol.
image/bmpUpload
untitled.bmp (2.3 k)

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 99
my bad,put the wrong file there lol

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 850
Car audio is to addicting, i spent alot of money on my current setup, and i dont want it any more. :-(

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 101
lol, I know what you mean and I'm just starting!!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1924
CB >>>>>Upload .....just kidding !

same feeling i got with my pair of 12" Pioneer 306dvc ....impulse buy !....Upload

I'm sure if we all could change out into a new system every mth we'll all do it .....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1925
BY THE WAY , FELLARS -----------

2DAY I RECEIVED MY BRAND NEW PREMIER 860 DECK & ALPINE 545 AMP .......

YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

will test it out soon ....

My bro arrived here in T&T 2day & he brought it with him .

UNKNOWN TO ME , HE ALREADY BOUGHT A PAIR OF 12" ALPINE TYPE R !!!!!!!!!!! - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ! ...only thing is he paid $150 for 1 in a local shop which is about d standard online price if u incl. s/h ......

He already received d 2 pairs of Infinity 6.5 Ref 6010 Comps & my MB Quart RAA1000 Amp - which will be posted down 2 me next 2 wks when he goes back 2 his home in FL .

HE ALSO GAVE ME A FREE (DRUM ROLL , PLEASE !)

IPOD !!!!!!!!! ........he got it free when he recently bought a Jeep SUV (i 4got d model),he has no use 4 it so i got it now ...

So yes boys - i'm on my way 2 a finally decent set-up ....been planning this since MAY ! .....Upload

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 102
Man dude!!! You got it made!!!! Glad to hear that you finally got your system. Let us know how it works out for ya. I guess that I will have this feeling in a little while, except that you have bigger stuff. But I guess I'll start small and work my way up. I'm think that this system is going to be awesome, since my very first system was 2 pyramid subs and a cuspid amp!! I now have a rockford and infinity system in my gf's car that sounds nice, but I"m hoping that my new little system will sound awesome until I can afford something bigger when I finish college and get a job. Until then, I'll be happy for my little system, and be happier for you guys that worked hard and got your big systems!! Congrats!!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1935
We have a saying in my country when something nice happens 2 u or when u r proud---"u feel like a new shilling !' ....lol

My 1st 2 subs were a pair of 12" RockWood 60w max subs - which i still have , plays pretty good for cheap thing !

Originally i was going 2 play it cheap & get Hifonics BX amp & Hif 4chan TX8805 amp with SoundStream normal coaxes - but after being on this forum & reading all over d net/reviews , i said let me do it right d 1st time cause i'm a VERY fussy kind o guy .

Well i said above i actually got 1/2 my system cause i only have d deck & 4 channel amp so far . D Inf comps,MB Amp & Rs are still up in Tamarac (woulda been d happiest dude alive if he had brought it with him - but he had 2 bring other stuff 4 everybody else too!) where my bro resides so i should get that in 3wks time when he goes back .

To give an idea of what my stuff costs
Deck = $340
2 pairs of Inf ref = a lil less than $300 ,
he ordered only 1 pair but 1 wanted 2 pairs so we had 2 go again & pay separate s/h for it = mo $.
Alpine Amp = $340
MB Q amp = $299 special with free s/h from Crutchfield
2 Rs = $300

$1580 + about $50/60 in s/h then some s/h $ down 2 T&T .
Prices i paid were d lowest online i could find @ d time & were bought from reputable online sites with their own 1yr warranty . D MB amp was a steal cause nearest price elseware was $80 more .

If he couldn't get d Rs 4 me - i was going with 2 MMATS P2.5 400wrms 12" subs locally which is = in US $ 349 / pair ...

Chaucey still has d deadliest system between d 4 of us though .
James - your will sound decent so don't sweat it , u may admire mines but i drool when i read of ppl with 2 freeking 13w7s & 2 1000/1 - lol . Why don't u do a part time job like Muddy does so u will have d extra $ money 4 car audio ?

I have 2 small dents in my ride that i wanna have fixed b4 i do any audio install though .

Did u read our previous thread & all d crap we posted in it - lol ...?

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/163607.html

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 103
This thread is getting way too slow to load for my dial-up. Lol, I kno that's all I have right now, but I'm moving away on friday and then I'll have High speed :-). I have to wait 5-10 mins just to load this thread! It sucks i kno, but it's only a few more days!!

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 105
I just noticed that I'm now a silver member! :-) I still have a long way to go until I reach gold, but hey, it's better than being bronze!! :-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1946
I got dial up too & been thinking d same ,not to mention October is through - so i think we messed up in this thread enough so ....

CHAUNCEY
MUDDY (IF U R STILL ON THIS PLANET - LOL)
JAMES

THIS WILL BE OUR "NEW" THREAD FROM THIS MOMENT ON ........

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/video-games/163069.html

......Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us