New Pics of New Equipment

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2163
I finally got around to taking pics of my new amp and HO Alternator.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
putting on that alternator wasn't the easiest thing in the world. lol
we had to make a bracket, b/c the top mount didn't line up with the factory mount, but other than that. no problems
it does 14.5V at idle, and 14.2 with my system at full blast.:-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3972
loooks nice man. I had to do the same thing with my alt but it was no big deal. Nice set up.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2166
thanks man.:-O

i suppose i made it seem like we were splitting atoms when i said that it wasn't the easiest thing to put on. it wasn't really hard at all, but they mislead you with the words "direct bolt-on" sometimes. lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3974
yup mine said the same thing lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4636
Did you run 2gauge-0gauge wire for the ground to the amp? Your car's chassis will only handle so much current.
I find that by hard wiring the ground wire from the battery, you get more consistant current flow.
The "DD" remind me of DareDevil.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4637
Your setup looks like a virgin comared to mine. I have so many gadgets in my car, it looks like a spider web.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2168
yes, we upgraded the big three.
and the ground wire for the amp is two 8guage wires.
more pics of the wires and anl fuse.
Upload
the fuse is a 250A
Upload
Upload
the ground is 2 8guage wires
Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2169
there is 4guage power wire going to the D-block, and then 2 8guage power wire from D-block to the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 243
Wow thats a small sub bro does it actually bump nice and hard?? What is that a single 10?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2170
it would have you speechless.
but it is only a single ten, so it's not like i'm breaking records. lol

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 248
Woww thats nice big box lil 10 lol would love to have somthing like that to be like wtf. How much RMS u pushing and how much was it?

Oh and muddy thanks for help for some edead help ima order ir some time 2nite. But got another question for you so ill put that in my thread.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1229
I knew that D & D logo looked familiar - Hmmmm like Dare Devil got paid & endorses D&D product - lol .... Upload Upload Upload Upload

Looks great Muddy !

Bronze Member
Username: Clownass

Post Number: 27
Why is that amp mounted right on top of the speaker box? It seems to me that that is a bad idea due to vibrations generated by the sub.

What kind of amp is it? I see the US Amps amp, but what is the other one?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 361
Looks great muddy, but i want to see more pics, what else you got... LOL

Yah, that disappoints me that you mounted the amp one the sub box. You should know better than that :-)

www.bcae1.com

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1034
It's fine. He's using a quality amp on top of the box (DLS - nice) 870wrms. And when your US amp is missing, don't look here :P!

Bronze Member
Username: Clownass

Post Number: 32
Quality amp or not, the vibration is still there and in time it will take it's toll.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 271
Mounting the amp on top of the box is fine. The only real downfall to doing that is the fact that it makes it easier for someone to steal your amp, box and subs all at once without much effort..yank a couple wires and they're gone..i had that happen to my first setup.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2171
the amp is mounted on two pieces of wood that are carpeted. so it it not right on the box, and the inside of the box is braced.:-)

one of the guy's at my audioshop said that one of the only high-end amps he has ever had a problem with mounting on the boxes is some of the US Amps, other than that, he has never had any problems with mounting amps on boxes. they always brace the inside of their boxes too.:-O

we mounted it on the two pieces of MDF b/c i was a little concerned with "the issue", but he reassured me that if my single 10" would break my DLS amp that he would buy me another one. lol
that and the fact that the fan is on the bottom of the amp.:-O

what other kind of pics would you like to see?
*thinks to himself that that was a loaded question*

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2172
Car Audio i am giving it a generous 870wRMS lol, and it was $100.

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
i dont think it would be that big of a deal, however id still be worried just because i worry about sh!t, lol.

any pictures are good, i know you like pics, so lets see pics of everything in your car. Speakers, HU car in general, lol.

I like pics too, lol.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 251
WOW!

Guess it doesnt depend on sub size just about the RMS it can push and handle.

Thats good nice and neat i got alot of extra wire that wont hurt the system would it? Its about lets see umm 10" long extra wire from sub to amp but its the THICK wire not monster.

Loving it my amp isnt mounted anywhere is on a diangle angle on the left side of the box i still gota eDEAD it then ima do final touches.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2175
here are some pics of the pieces of MDF it was mounted to on top or the box. so it is really mounted to 1.5" of MDF, and the box is braced.
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 455
Muddy, 1.) How old are you and 2.) What kind of job do you have?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2176
there are a few pics in this thread that you might not have seen.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/160577.html

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2177
i am 19, and i work part time at a grocery store stocking shelves.
don't think i am some kind of spoiled rich kid, i didn't get all this stuff in a few months, every thing was one step at a time over about two years, b/c that's how long i have had the car.

the key to my nice equipment is 1) patience, i save up, and save up, and save up 2) i get really good deals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
Well I think I found my new favorite brand, Elemental Designs. The prices on their stuff is amazing for the quality it's supposed to have...I think I'm in love.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2186
what happened to Cerwin-Vega?

Silver Member

Post Number: 460
Cerwin Vega SUBS, but ED amp lol. What I'm going to do is buy a ED 4 channel amp, and the 2005 CV Vmax's. For now with my A8000T they'll each be underpowered by about 200W RMS each, but in the future I'll looking getting an ED mono amp.

I was just stunned when I saw those prices and the outputs you get, especially knowing that they're supposed to be a quality durable amp with pretty good SQ.

But you know, I'm working on it. I still need to do things like get a 2.5" Borla muffler and such. I need a new alt (any ideas where I can get a 160-180A alt at for a fair price?). So stuff like that.

Luckily I have a friend who knows the ins and outs of cars from his certification and such, so he can do my installs cheaply or even free :-)!

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
Muddy, your USAmp is almost as shiny as my Audiobahn lol. If USAmps were crappy, and they had that kind of bling factor, they'd almost be like Audiobahn.

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
"i am 19, and i work part time at a grocery store stocking shelves. "

-Do you go to college muddy?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2193
yes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
where you go and whats your major?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2195
CFCC-Central FL Com. College

my major is Business Ad, but i will be changing it to accountin maybe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
are you planning on opening an audio shop, lol. That would be pretty sweet.

You should transfer to Florida State, lots of hot B!tches, lol.

I go to the Unversity of Buffalo for electrical engineering. Its cold up here in NY, unlike Florida.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2198
that would be sweet. i would have to win the lotto though.:-O

yeah it will still be as hot as the sun come the Beginning of next year. lol

check this out...http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/local/USFL0355?from=search_cit y

91 friggin degrees tomorrow!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
damn you, check this

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/14261?lswe=14261&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclare d&from=whatwhere

I had to sleep with a long sleeve shirt and hoodie last night all curled up and sh!t bc its colder than a well diggers @ss in my dorm room, LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
ive got an Eclipse amp in the mail thats coming too, Ill get pics off that and post them. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
I've found my bedroom, if I leave my stereo on during the winter leaves my bedroom a good 5-10 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. THANK YOU VINTAGE KENWOOD GEAR! w00t w00t!

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
Not to mention my computer, TV, VCR, DVD player, equalizer, computer monitor, lamps, and everything else. I keep warm with electric where gas is expensive. Downside is, I don't want to leave my room :P.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
"I keep warm with electric where gas is expensive"

Electric heat is wayy more expensive than a gas furnace.

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 14
"Not to mention my computer, TV, VCR, DVD player, equalizer, computer monitor, lamps, and everything else. I keep warm with electric where gas is expensive. Downside is, I don't want to leave my room :P."

Why dont you jsut buy one of those plug in heaters? :-X

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2201
i wish i could punch Tyler in the face sometimes.:-)

i laughed so hard i cried when i hit "post this message". lol(ouch, my stomach hurts)

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
Yes Mike, but since I usually listen to music at high levels, why not benefit from both? I get my music AND heat! When I said electric, I meant the electric it takes to power my equipment, not a furnace. We have a gas furnace.

Pavel, I have one, but it takes away from the satisfaction I get from knowing I can have an electronic haven in my bedroom that keeps me just as warm, and satisfies my needs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
Oh yea, and if you don't feel like brushing off a lot a snow from your car this winter, just buy an RE MT, and run it pretty high for a while, that should be enough vibration to shake off the snow lol.

Pretty sad I can find practical uses for life's electronic pleasures...

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
Muddy why would you punch me? Just because I have cool vintage audio gear that gets warmer than a lot of today's equipment, and keeps me warm lol. (And sounds better than today's garbage as well!)

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
When I REALLY want the Kenwoods to heat up, I run them at higher levels with speakers I know to have a higher DC resistance, that'll make'em work hard lol, and provide my heat!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2203
just for fun! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
lol, i know you were talking about electric gear, but i was just trying to picture your mom and dads face when they get the electric bill. It cant be cheap.

I heard somewhere that if you leave your computer on all day its like 2 bucks extra on your bill. So thats 365*2 extra for the year. Dont know if its true, but i bet your def sucking up a lot of juice with all that equipment, that cant be cheap

Muddy, your too funny man.

Bronze Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 60
hey muddy how big is that box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4640
Muddy, if you're planning to change careers, then accounting will be surprising. The old myth is, nerds with thick glasses or lots of Jewish people. Well that's not true at all.
In fact, go past an accounting class. It's full of chicks! Maybe you haven't seen the auditors, but so far, 80% of them are hot females. Maybe those companies are doing it on purprose, hiring good looking females.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2205
my box is 1.7ft.3. tuned to 30hz.

haha, that's sweet Isaac.

i used to think of myself as the class clown. but Tyler here takes the cake.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
Upload
Upload

See how cool I am?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

That's my bedroom sound system until I can get my power amp and Cerwin Vega V-15F's. But for now, it's plenty loud enough.

Upload
Upload

That was my stereo before I moved it around to the other side of them room and removed some speakers that didn't quite fit the overall sound and were causing major cancellation.

I know, I know, it's home audio, but I thought I would show off what I have more knowledge about. Not saying what I have now is something to brag about (except for my vintage gear) but it's nice to look at and doesn't sound half bad. Go ahead and poke fun though, as some of the speakers are Sony's. The ones on the right though, without grills and are all black with Sony sattelites on top of them, are ones my Dad built in the 80's. They have EXCELLENT SQ, especially for having strictly Radio Shack guts. I suppose that's what happens when you know your stuff!

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
Well my Mom and Dad are divorced, but I get my interest of electronics in general from him, especially stereo, regardless of whether we get along. I'm not really a Clown @$$, just I have a budget to work with. I really enjoy home audio a LOT more, but I like good sound wherever I go, so I got pulled into the whole car audio scene.

When it comes to home gear though, I prefer it due to the fact I KNOW what I'm getting. Can't go wrong with nearly 90% of vintage gear, as it's all rated to put out exactly what they say it does. New stuff, and car stuff is sketchy to me a bit for that reason.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 644
you should get a few more speakers that way you could block out all the light. lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2220
wow....there is a lot of OT happenin in m'thread. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
Nice Steve lol. Seriously though, 2 Cerwin Vega V-15F's will get louder than ALL of my speakers, and sound better. SO I think tiny bookshelf systems are out for now, except for casual listening.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1045
I have 4 computers that run 24/7, and two others that usually run 24/7. Yea... it's interesting...

And if you're running your subs when it's cold, you're on borrowed time...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4643
Muddy, those 2 inner pair of speakers near the top, they look like Pioneer? I recall seeing one on eBay.
Did you know that, it's really a 2way speaker? The middle is just a vent, not midrange.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2250
what?

i don't have any Pioneer speakers.

if you are referring to the low-res pics of all those speakers, then those are Tyler's. lol

Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 4
lol dang man thats awesome..both of them...agreed with the adding more speakers...and less light..lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
Isaac, those ARE actually 3-way. The midrange does produce sound believe it or not! It's a 27 ohm driver, so it draws VERY little, and produces VERY little sound, but does produce sound.

Pioneer did that to keep up with Sony's design (the yellow coned speakers) and added the midrange to give the effect of a 3-way system, but it's just not audible like the Sony's are. But the Pioneer's tweeter is much more pungeant than the Sony's tweeter. Both pairs are similar except for Sony being sealed, and Pioneer being ported. The Pioneer does have a PTC tweeter protection circuit, but lacks in bass range.

Thanks for the comment about my crappy pen cam Muddy. Some peopl aren't rich bastages! J/K! ;P

Gold Member

Post Number: 4657
Really? The ones I checked out had air coming out of it, just like a port.

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
Are you sure that wasn't the actual 2-way model? It's smaller than the "3-way" as Pioneer claims, model.

Those particular speakers are lined up as so, midrange, tweeter, and woofer. They have a port right and in between the midrange and tweeter. They do offer a 2-way model, but I've never used/seen it.

Besides, that would be a little silly to have an actual port, and air coming out of an aluminum coned midrange. (Don't know if that's possible, and it would kill SQ, as well as the woofer.)

Home audio is where I know the stuff lol. When it comes to cars, sure, I can understand the terms, but the actual installs and what not, not quite up my alley, but I'm willing to give it a try on my 4 channel amp I get.

Do I need a D-block to add a 4-channel amp to my current setup?

But regardless, check out who's rockin' three vintage Kenwood amp/receivers! KR-2600 = 10 or 15WPC (Been a while since I checked, and can't remember). KR-6600 = 60WPC receiver. And KA-3500 = 35WPC integrated amp. So I say w00t w00t to that!

Best part is, although those are Sony and Pioneer speakers (some of them), for being mass produced cheap brands, they REALLY don't sound too bad at all. Especially if you compare them to their car lines. It's a world of difference in SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us