Used Paradigm studio 20's

Username: Vantis

Post Number: 1
Hello, this is my first post and i have a big question for you all. Im just kinda getting into my AV setup and am in the market to upgrade my speakers...pretty important!

Anyways, im looking at the paradigm studio 20's. Read tonnes of good things about them and they sounded grreat on my uncles system...i was just wondering wht you would think a good price for these speakers...used. IS used a bad idea entirely?? I also have no idea if these will match my receiver well (marantz sr5300). I could pick up a used pair for about 700 cad? Is this good? Holy questions

Thanks for any input in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 42
Marantz is one of the warmer receiver's according to many of the recommendations on several posts here. Marantz may not be quite as compatible with the Paradigm's due to their laid back nature. I suggest finding a dealer that carries both Marantz and Paradigm and listen for yourself.

As a matter of fact. I have a pair of Studio 20's V2 I am trying to get rid of. I got a great deal on them due to cosmetic damage (used) that I would be happy to pass on. Used is an excellent way to get higher quality speakers if your budget prohibits buying new. If you decide you like the sound of Marantz and Paradigm let me know if you might be interested in. They sound great and all the drivers are in excellent condition.

Username: Vantis

Post Number: 2
i might be interested in your 20's, but im not sure if it would be worthwhile for me to ship over the border, im in canada.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 43
E-mail me you address and I can check on the shipping. james592@excite.com

Bronze Member
Username: Gio

Post Number: 26
The Studio Series from Pradigm are great speakers, but they do need some good current to feed them in order to get the level of performance that they can achieve.
I don't know the Marantz you are talking about, but whatever has the "clean" sound and decent power of say Rotel should be a good fit.
I'm afraid something too warm, nice and gentle wouldn't do the trick.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us