Adding more speakers w/out 2nd speaker or aux outputs

Username: Vyoud

Post Number: 1
I just acquired two new JBL wall mountable speakers. I would like to add them to an "all-in-one" (CD changes, tuner, amp, 2 speakers) system that I already have. The challenge is that the current system only has one set of speaker outputs and has no auxiliarly outputs.

Any ideas? The current system sounds pretty decent, so I would love to find a way to do it that lets me keep the "all-in-one" speakers wired up just as they were supposed to be.

I do have two extra amplifiers that I can use in the process: 1) Zenith Z711B surround amp, 2) Technics stereo amp w/ A & B speaker switch...

Help please? Suggestions? VY

Username: Edison

Post Number: 149
You can get a speaker switch box like the Niles one (ebay).

If your all in one system has an output (tape out), you can connect it to the technics amp by an RCA cable. www.accessories4less.com has ixos gamma for $19.

You know what to do from there.

If you spend $70 on ebay and get a NAD cd player and connect it to technics, you will get a better sound. Another $100 will get you a small NAD receiver for even better sound.

You will be getting the full potential with the JBLs with NADs for not much money. You are in for a pleasant surprise, I tell you...

Post Number: 3
James, good thought, but the real problem is that there is no tape output, aux output, or any other output except for the standard speaker and headphone outputs.

Post Number: 4
Let me rephrase the challenge. I'd like to add a second set of speakers to a system that has only one set of speaker outputs and no auxiliarly or line level output at all. Is it possible to split the speaker output to both current speakers as well as some device that could be attached to another amplifier to drive the second set of speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us