Newbie looking for DefTech's

Username: Jasond

Post Number: 2
Hello all. I've been bitten by the home theater bug. After researching speakers and receivers for the last several weeks, on a whim, I went to the big 3 (Ultimate Electronics, Best Buy, Circuit City) to audition different systems.
I now see how important it is to listen for yourself. It was amazing to have terms like full sound, highs that are too high and neutral speakers, click and make perfect sense.
Ultimate Electronics has the best stuff of the three, but the experience was a complete nightmare. From the salesman's lack of knowledge to the piss-poor setup of the listening room to the fact they can't get any speakers they don't have in the store. Including speakers from the same lines that they do carry.
Which brings me to my problem. I really, really liked the DefTechs. By far. Ultimate Electronics is the only place in Las Vegas that carries DefTechs. Does anyone know of any good places that sell them over the internet?
I checked the yellow pages for home theater/audio shops and certainly plan on checking other brands now, but if I do finally choose the DefTechs, I want to know I can get them. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric O.
Unregistered guest
Sadly, my best recommendation is to drive to LA and pick them up there. I was lucky enough to go to school in NYC for a couple years, and I got my DefTechs there (Park Avenue Audio - thumbs up). Shipping them back after I graduated was a pain costwise, but at least FedEx treated them well.

I will agree with your assessment of Ultimate Electronics - they suck. Horribly. Don't buy from them, even if you know exactly what you want before you walk in the door. They simply don't deserve it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us