Which bookshelves < $150?

rack04
Unregistered guest
I am looking for a set of bookshelf speakers to complete my 5.1 surround sound system. These speakers with be paired with Cerwin Vega V-12F mains and a Cerwin Vega V-5C center channel. A Harman Kardon AVR-230 is the brains of the operation. I am looking a budget friendly set of bookshelves. Here are some that I have looked at:
Athena Technologies AS-B1 $129.98 @ Best Buy
Polk R15 $79.98 @ Circuit City

Anonymous

or try NHT SuperZeroXU $154.42 shipped

http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_1107.htm

dave21
Unregistered guest
I haven't been able to listen to both at the same time but it seems to me that the AS-B1's sound cleaner.

Bronze Member
Username: Shank

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 51
You might look at the jbl e30's. You can get them from www.jr.com for $170 w/ free shipping. Also, there's the e20's for $140. You can listen to these speakers at best buy before you buy them.

Also, jr.com isn't a shady online retailer. I think j&R is an authorized jbl retailer.

Username: Philwag

Schertz, TX United States

Post Number: 2
You might want to try the Harmon Kardon HKB 6 - they list for $349.00 a pair - but Harmon Kardon periodically puts overstock on eBay for auction. These are excellent little speakers (especially after a short break-in period) - and you can usually get a pair for around $100 (shipping included).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us