Floor Standing Speakers For $200 or less. Please help.

Username: Farhadf

Post Number: 1
Hey Everyone,

I don't pretend to know anything about audio so please be very frank. I got very lucky, a friend of mine tripped over a gold mine in a

DENON PMA-690 Amp just recently. As i understand it, or the back of it just says it's 180 Watts. It's a little old, maybe 6 or 7 years but it's big and heavy ;) Apparently it's a good amp.

I'm a college student and i need speakers on a budget. One left and one right speaker. I need one of two things. I either need and would prefer a set of floor standing speakers, yes a pair for under 200 dollars. Could dish out slightly more. I've seen some yamahas and sonys out there don't know whether to buy 2 way or 3 way, looking for any suggestions. PLEASE help me. Listen to a lot of jazz music, not a huge fan of having a lot of bass at all. If decient floor standers/towers/35 inches and height and above are not an option i would prefer something tiny instead of midrange book shelfs. When i say tiny i mean something like Bose. Lastly I want you to take a look at these two links and tell me what is wrong with this deal, it is too good to be anything.

Shipping is only 2 dollars on these items, look at this.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?cid=17436&PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=738472&fp =F&siteID=G9DI0mIwIBY-4pNkiRUvBXr1ywu0Ke4fdg

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?cid=17436&PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=741816&fp =F&siteID=G9DI0mIwIBY-FbQ9Mypk6kNJcAqMWhu6Jw

ugh. please help. Thanks a lot guys.

-Farhad the confused amp owner.

Anonymous

grab the Sanus (I got 2 pairs for $81 shipped from Overstock) and spend the money on better speakers? what's yer budget?

Unregistered guest
Hey, Is it me or do those speakers not ring a bell as far as being familiar in terms of an actual company that is a reliable, made well, and not likely to damage your current equipment. I think this is similar to the white van speakers that are notorious for not producing frequencies accurately. You can find good speakers at circuit city, and best buy, and stay away from KLH- they are basicaly expensive firewood.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us