Front speakers

Username: Beaver

Post Number: 1
well i've decided to retire my jbl northridge 3 way speakers. i just recently bought onkyo 701 receiver and onkyo sp800 dvd player. i thought i found the front speakers of my dreams axiom mti80 but then i found out there 4ohms which isn't compatible with my amp. so now i hae to other choices the kliplish rf-35 and the polk rti12. i want a speaker with clarity and brightness. not one were you have to double the volume to hear a converation on a movie. the speaker well be for ht use. please help which one should i get.

Post Number: 2
someone out there to give a couple opinions! It would be muchly appreciated.

Someaudiofan
Unregistered guest
I bought a pair of polk Rti100s about 8 months ago. They sound great especially for $300 each. They are clear and bright. I assume the Rti12 would sound even better. Ive always thought polk speakers were good quality for the money. Go for the Rti12s.

Username: Bird_mouth

Post Number: 3
What about the Axiom mti60? They are 8 ohms. I think I am ordering a pair next week. Have heard nothing but good things about them.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 36
Monitor Audio, B&W, Mission, Def Tech.

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 37
Monitor Audio are 6 ohm speakers.

Post Number: 3
monitor gr60 are nice but the spec on the kliplish are better i think, not for sure. as far as the rti12 polk there almost 400 more canadian then the kliplish rh-35. rh-35 are 1200cdn and the polks are 1600cdn. but i know for a fact the kliplish speaker specs are better then the polks. do you think monitor gr60 are better then the other two. never thought i would be stressed out looking for speakers. i thought that would come when i guy had too pay for them.

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 38
I would prefer the GR60's for the long term. Monitor Audio speakers will have a smoother top end compared to Klipsh. If you like the sound of the Klipsh and Polk better than you should concentrate more on those.

NegativeC
Unregistered guest
That Amp should be rated to 6 Ohms and will play 4's with no problem. I'm running the 601 with MMGs which dip below 4 and I've never had a problem. Check out this:
http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/onkyo_TX-SR601_review_01.ht ml

They run the M80's on a 601 with no problems.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1383
klipsch in my oppinion do make for some excelent movie speakers!

Post Number: 4
okay thanks for the input. i've narrowed it down to the mti60 and kliplish rf-35. so what do you guys think. i've never had a chance to listen axiom speakers but i heard there good. so if anybody listened to both tell me which sounds better for ht.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us