Axiom Millennia M80ti Speakers

Username: Mitchum

Post Number: 5
I'm confused! I need help!
I'm shopping for speakers, some site rated the above at the very top, can anyone confirm that claim? Also, I don't understand the menaing of "bi-wireable" can someone explain it to me?
Thanks a lot!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1223
Let's not worry about bi-wireable for now, but in a nutshell, separate terminals for the high frequency drivers and another for mid-bass/bass drivers.

The Axiom M80s are one of the better speakers at the pricepoint and higher. Excellent staging and clarity, however...they are 4 ohm speakers and not a lot of receivers can handle them. You have to couple these with a decent receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 55
Excellent speakers but yes a 4 ohm load. If you have the type of amp for this speaker, you will love them. For the price, they are very hard to beat as I had tried many speakers of this size before taking the chance on Internet only ones..........I have never looked back.

Check the M60 as well.......they are almost the same as the M80 and are 8 ohms

Post Number: 6
I have the NAD C-372 integrated amplifier, would it handle the 4-ohm Millennia M80ti?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1226
no problem, it can run 8, 4 and 2 ohm loads.
Rock on!:-)

Post Number: 7
Thanks Berny,

I was told not to do this but I've got to have music through out the entire house, so I use a Niles speaker control box and hook 3 pairs of speakers into it (and it to the amp, of course).

Would it hurt if the M80ti were the only 4-ohm speakers of the bunch? or should I switch to 4-ohm speakers all around?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us