Acoustimass 15 Question

To anyone who can answer this: I recently bought a Bose Acoustimass 15 speaker system (NOT the new Series II). If I decide to buy a dedicated center channel speaker, like the Bose VCS-10 that is available, can I take my current satellite speaker that is the front center channel and make it a rear center channel? I have a Kenwood VR-6070 receiver that supports a 6.1 setup, but I am not sure how/if I can get the Acoustimass system to allow the 6.1 setup. I suppose I could wire the speaker directly to the receiver, instead of going through the powered subwoofer like the other speakers in this system.

Anyway, contrary to what a lot of people say, I really like this system. It does lack a little mid, but not enough for the average person to really care ... especially when you consider the convenience of the speaker size.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

I don't think you can set it up as a rear because the bose speakers aren't made to handle the mid/lows like other speakers. The acoustimass module has a special crossover that separates the signals as to not harm the speaker.

You can try it but you run the risk of ruining your speaker. I had the 10 series but was unsatified with the sound quality of music playback. It was fine for movies and the size factor was great. I mainly got it for my wife's nagging about having large speakers taking up so much room in the house. Now that we've separated, I sold them and bought some Monitor Audio 9i large speakers with a nice center and dipole surrounds (and couldn't be happier on all counts). ;)

Thanks, Craig. I was swayed towards the Bose AM speakers by my wife's desire to 'hide' the speakers as much as possible. I rarely (like 1-4 times per year) listen to music in my home, so I wanted a great HT experience. I am very happy with the Bose AM's in that regard .. and they do really melt into our bookshelves.

Anywho, I finally called Bose and asked them the question I posed above. They told me it was fine to move the front center channel speaker to the rear center channel speaker. Of course, they recommended the VCS-10 as the speaker I should use for the front. I may try this ..

Thanks again for the feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us