Cheap Sub???

Username: Mohawk

Post Number: 2
I don't have a large budget for a sub-woofer....I brought my system essentially for music but wanted surround sound capabilities so I brought a Marantz SR5400 receiever with a pair of Monitor B2's as fronts, I plan to get the matching centre Monitor speaker (still to get the rears)...Sub's look rather expensive - As home theatre is not my top priority is it worth getting a cheap sub??? one less than £100???

If so can someone recommend me the cheapest sub of good to decent quality???

Username: Heff

Post Number: 47
since you're building a HT you don't have to get it all at once. You can add the centre channel then surround speakers. Just save your money and buy the subwoofer when you feel the need to have LFE.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 65
I am getting this sony sa-wm 200 sub. It's boomy and while the sound is not upscale, I like it very much - got good reviews as well. Sony electrically treats the sound, and is mesmerising paired with a good speakers.

The parts used are not upscale so the sound is little harsh, but just love the effects. I like to turn down the sub so I don't hear it as a separate entity - just to warm the sound a bit - recommended by Hifi magazines. Used this way, the harshness is not apparent - and will add nice warmth unlike any other sub I heard.

If you are looking for a more upscale one, the monitor audio sub is nice. Hsu is another good one. For movies, the sony is fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us