Multiple Output Devices?

Bronze Member
Username: Decker

Post Number: 26
Hi, here is my problem, I'm hoping someone will have a solution:

I have 3, that's right, 3 audio output devices, all compatible with my speakers:

XBox
DVD Player
Computer (PC)

Now, the PC has regular output jacks - 1/8. I think that's the standard. Anyhoo -

Is there any way, other than a switch, that I can 'combine' these 3 outputs into one signal for the speakers to play all at once?

Here are the specs of my equipment:

TV - Has only RF input.
Speakers - Accept only RCA input.
XBox - Has 3 RCA outputs (R/L Audio, Video)..I forgot what that's called.
DVD Player - Has 3 RCA Outputs (R/L Audio, Video)

Now, I want every possible device to output sound to my one set of speakers, and video of course to my TV.

Is this possible?

Also, I've been thinking about using a switch -

http://www.mesztek.com/product_info.php?products_id=610&osCsid=632990b1a8c07e253 8f7bc49b31cc938

I've decided on this one, because if I need a switch, I'll probably need an RF Modulator for the time being as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Culp4684

Post Number: 14
I'm not sure if any of those devices would be able to power your speakers. They are all just switchers. Yes, you would need a RF modulator.

But Doc, if it was me, I'd spring for a new TV. Even the least expensive setshave video and audio inputs on them nowadays...

Bronze Member
Username: Decker

Post Number: 27
Well, I've tested my speakers with all of the devices individually, and they work well. So they *are* compatible, but now the connections setup is giving me trouble.

And yeah, I've thought about a new TV quite a bit. It's just too big of a punch in the old wallet right now, you know?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us