Why doesn't Definitive Technology get more of a shout out??

Anonymous

Def. Tech. makes some incredible speakers and are priced very nicely for what you get. Why don't they get more press with the people on th threads?? Am I missing something or are these speakers not all they are hyped up to be? I demo'd the PK 700's and thought that they completely rocked and thought they were better than paradigm and most of the B&W's.

Username: Project6

Post Number: 7
good point. I have some Definitive Technologies myself and they sound wonderful, however, I think a lot of folks don't like the way they sound for music and their powered speakers are I think priced above what most people can call affordable. I think they don't sound any better than comparable to its class and at the same prive points of Paradigms nor B&Ws. Just my thought because I have auditioned all three speakers, some people will disagree, but, that is just me.
cheers

Username: Project6

Post Number: 8
ooops, make that "price" points

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 239
I prefer my KEF 104/2 Reference mains, and MartinLogan odysseys.

The MartinLogans are "powered" in a sense as well, but just to charge the ESL screens.
They're driven by monoblock amplifiers.
Amazing mains for music. Imaging is mind-blowing.

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 16
i have heard a pcc2 center from difinitive technology and loved it, even on my meager budget. is it okay to mix it with fronts from another company though? haven't heard and bookshelfs from difinitive yet.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 66
I completly agree with the point that Def Tech's are great speakers and deserve all the accolades they always get from the audio press. Def Tech has constantly produced some of the best speakers available since their founding and are a very good buy at all price points. I find them good for both movies and music. There are lots of good speakers brands and Def Tech is one of the best. I think part of the reason we all recommend some brands over others is that we all have access to a limited number of brands. In my area the dealer network is very limited and I have to travel to audition really good products. I do it anyway as it's been my passion for many years.

Anonymous

Do you think they are better than the B&W's?? I heard the new 705's with a powered sub (the SuperCube as a matter of fact) and compared them to the PM 700's. I liked the 705's better but trust me when I say, "I wouldn't cry over either pair if santa dropped them down the chimney" LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us