Would an Infinity 'Entra TWO' center be a good match for my Infinity Overture 2 front speakers?

Username: Avdude

Post Number: 1
Would an Infinity 'Entra TWO' be a good center to mate with my 'Overture 2' front speakers?

There are also two other Infinity centers available: the Infinity IL-36C and Infinity Alpha 37C, which are about 2 1/2 to 3 times as much ($250 - $300 vs. $100 for a mfr refurbished Infinity 'Entra TWO').
Not sure if the difference would be very noticeable or worth the substantially higher price?

Are there are other brands' center channels that would be a good match for my Infinity 'Overture 2' front speakers?

PS: Does anyone know why html tags (e.g. [b]text[/b] don't seem to work?)

Thanks!

Post Number: 2
I guess the 'Overture 1' would be better, even though it isn't officially a center channel.
If not there is the matched Infinity CC-3.

Any thoughts?
There must be some people who know about Infinity
speakers and matching centers?

Post Number: 7
If anyone has some feedback for a relative newbie to the world of HT, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 1
Sorry man, but most people on this board are too good for Infinity speakers.

I have both the Overture-1s and the CC-3 center channel. The Overture-1s are one of the most 3 dimetional speakers I have ever heard. I also have had my CC-3 for about 4-5 years and I love it. It blends very nicely and plays loud but remains very smooth.

I say, check ebay for the CC-3 and try to get it for about $150. There really isn't a need for the Overture-cc and the 8" powered woofer.(the Overture-cc is the Overture-1 center channel) Also, the CC-3 has 2 tone controls to help match with other speakers and to be customized to what you want.

Hope the helps.

WMD

Post Number: 8
Thanks for the reply WMD!

Yes, I thought the CC (or Overture 1) might be overkill. I thought I might get a used one for under $200, which would make it worthwhile.

I have been looking at the CC-3 auctions already.

I got my Elite VSX-43TX last week, and it is a great receiver, especially when found for under $500 new.
The center is really the only thing that could use an imminent upgrade in my HT system, which is why I am looking.

Username: Heff

Post Number: 10
It's a good idea to timbre match your center channel to your fronts for a pleasing front stage. Used speakers or close outs on older models can save you some $$$.

Let your ears and wallet be your ultimate guide.

Auction Link
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=3067353618
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us