HT room nightmare!! Experts please help!! (Hawk?)

Michael B
After perusing many threads on this board, I decided I better make a speaker choice before picking the receiver. I was leaning towards Axioms M22s, VP150, QS8s and HSU VTF-2, but after reading posts on Axiom'S boards saying the M22s won't work well laying sideways, I'm back to the start. PLEASE HELP!

My room really limits the positioning options of my speakers, fronts in particular. Here's a link to a layout/pictures of my room that will help explain my dilemma. My Room

Listening habits are 80% HT and I want a GREAT surround experience with 6.1 if possible (I don't have a great ear for music, but don't want crappy quality there. Reviews of QS8s are what pushed me towards Axioms, but I don't think the M22s will work/look right on top of the wall unit or where the mains are now.

So now I'm considering Athena B2s with their new surround, or the .5s or new Micro 6.

Receivers I've been considering are Onkyo 801, HK 630/7200, or possibly NAD if I can afford it with 6.1. But I really want to get best speakers for the room and then pick receiver to match.

Budget for everything is $2000-$2500.

Username: Mababs

Post Number: 1
This is still Michael B, but I had to use a new "handle" when I registered.

Just wanted to add the Marantz 7400 to the mix. Been reading a lot of good stuff about Marantz around here.

STILL, speakers that work best for the room FIRST.

Thanks.

Username: Mababs

Post Number: 2
Anyone have suggestions? Hoping to buy before year-end.

Very concerned that current location of fronts are too high and too far apart, and on top of wall unit might be too high. Please give advice!

Username: Edison

Post Number: 7
You can get better quality going with NAD - here you will find good prices on them.

https://dmc-electronics.com/Default.htm

If you look around, you will find good deals on what you need.

As far as the spaekers, you already seem to know the good ones to get. Both Athenas and Axioms got good reviews.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us