Recommendations I need some opinions!!!!!

I have a dilemma, I have 2 JBL bookshelf S38 series 2 book shelf speakers but I use an Acoustic Research AR4C center channel. Should I upgrade to the JBL "S" center II? Or should I change my hometheater fronts altogether?

I was thinking of the NHT SB1(bookshelfs)paired with the matching NHT SC1 center. Or should I go with Klipsch RB-15 bookshelfs and the kliplsh RC 25 center? I already have an excellent HSU sub and decent surrounds.
Any other suggestions in brands of speakers would be appreciated! Looking to spend less than $600.00 for the 2 books and center combined.

How are the infinity's?

Berny
Looks right you are on the right track
cheers

Berny
I mean looks "like" you are on the right track. Have you heard both systems? They are both fine speakers but I would listen to them and compare before making a decision.
cheers

I know it matters what type of receiver you pair up with the speakers.
I'm using an HK avr 525.
berny,
I won't really get the chance to demo the speakers, I will be ordering online. Have you heard either set of speakers I'm referring to?

elitefan
My vote goes to the NHT's. I find the Klipsch toobright and harsh for me, even with a mellow unit like your 525. Great receiver by the way.

Berny
I have to agree with elitefan, for bookshelves, I prefer the NHTs. The Klipsch's are also great but it seems to lack something when compared to the NHTs. However, I prefer them for HT use, as the Klipschs tend to be detailed in dialogues.
cheeers

dr
sorry to butt in..anyone know of online dealers for mission speakers or retailers in NJ. Couldnt get it on Missions website.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 14
You can get them used for better price on ww.audiogon.com
Just search for mission and look around. Usually they are well taken care of.

Username: Heff

Post Number: 18
I agree with berny and elitefan.

$600 is a lot to spend w/o hearing the speakers first. Is there any way you can audition your selections locally B4 purchasing?

btw, Infinity's match well with the HK reciever but I'm not sure which ones you were interested in? I'm guessing it's their entry models if $600 is your budget.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 35
Consider this fine canadian speaker for half off - it's quite refined and transparent.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ENERV2.1C

You might have to spend a little more to add the center, but this is a cut or two above the JBL you are using now - your ears will thank you for it. If you are near good guys, you might be able to hear them.

Try to find reviews for them. I heard them and they are pleasant and non-fatiguing - More upscales than s38 for sure.

Ed
Unregistered guest
After reading a few of the responses, and some of the other threads, I went with Berny's advice and got the Axiom M2's with the vp100 center.
I couldn't be more satisfied. I paired the Axioms with My HK 525 and HSU VF2 sub. The sound is incredible. These bookshelves blend perfect with the sub. I can't believe how crisp the high notes are with these speakers. I know my jbl's were decent but these blow them away.
Highly recommended.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us