Energy Take 5+1 vs. Def. Tech ProCimena 60

Pigeon
New house, new home theater setup. 99% video watching, 1% uncritical music listening. Must be a sub/sat setup for the WAF. Budget is about $500. I'll be adding a receiver too, at this point I'm 99% sure it'll be the Onkyo TXSR501. I'm coming from a Dolby ProLogic setup with Infinity Studio Monitor 80(IIRC) mains, an unknown Boston Acoustic center, and small Infinity Sterling Series bookshelf rears, just for a point of reference. I thought that setup was lacking the umph of low bass for movies, and it's just physically too big for the new room, which is about 12X20 with an open short end opposite the TV, a 53" Sony RPTV.

I'm stuck deciding between the Energys and ths Definitives. I auditioned both briefly in separate stores for a short while with both music and movies. The Definitives are darned nice but the Energys sounded smoother, though it may have been to do with the room and speaker positioning more than anything else. I also auditioned both the Paradigm Cinema 70 and the Polk 6700, neither of which were as good as the Defs. The Defs are $500 and the Energys are $600. I don't think he difference between the 2 is worth the $100, but I want some reassurance from you experts :)

Any other speakers I should consider for $500? Any other receivers for my $250?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us