A/V receiver for def tech bi-polar speakers???

nville
Unregistered guest
Hi. I have some Definitive Technology bi-polar speakers and need a new A/V receiver. I have Def Tech BP-8's in the front, a Def Tech Procenter C2 in the center, and my rears are Def Tech BP1.2x's. Any suggestions for a good, economical A/V receiver for this system - new or used ?????

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 117
nville, have a look at the following thread:

Receiver for DefTech speakers

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 586
For the money you can't beat the Marantz 5400. Lots of multichannel power and perfect sonics to match with the Def Tech's. Can be had for $500 or under. Other's would be the Elite 53 or new 54 and the H/K 330 and 430.

Username: Dmuse

Post Number: 7
I'm running an Onkyo 901 in my basement along with Boston Acoustic surround system and a velodyne sub...all downstairs (zone 1). Upstairs (zone 2) I am running the bipolar def-techs and they sounds absolutely amazing even out of a zone 2 internally powered system. That Onkyo has 110W per channel which probably attributes partly to it. I've heard people say the Onkyo's cut out when they get to hot but it must be the lower end units. THis receiver may be too much for you if you don't need two zones or plan to utilize Net Tunes.

nville
Unregistered guest
Smitty:
Thanks for the info to the prior thread!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us