Canton karat / Ergo / Le series - How are they???

Bronze Member
Username: Falp

Post Number: 54
Since i can get them at a good price I'm considerig them as an alternative to my option to Monitor Audio Silver speakers.

What do you guys think?

Can they be a match to a Denon or Marantz receiver amplification?

Thanx!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
They seem to be very inefficient... 86db... 4...8Ohm... can a Marantz SR5400 handle them? And sonic matching?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
I heard today the Karat s8dc with Marantz cd7300/pm17mkii KI they had in the room.

Loved the sound, 100% my type, great highs and mids, but the bass was not very controlled, I Think the room and placement was far from prefect.

I'm interested in m30dc+m10+cm40 or m60dc+m10+cm40

Oh... the speakers are awesome looking!!! :D

the dealer promissed me a audition with m60dc+s1+cs40 with a Marntz sr5400 or 7400.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
MA Silvers S1 (heard and loved ir with SR5400) but i have no room for Silver speakers centre size.

Canton Karat M60dc and S8dc line.
Heard them and loved it with the Sr7400, no problem or overheating at reference levels!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 561
Nice monologue.

I dont especially like Canton speakers, but I have to admit that I have not too much experience with them. I have a review with the Karat M30DC in it, and it didn't do so well. The reviewers did like the open sound of the Karat, but they thought it sounded very modest with dry and weak bass and metallic treble. In the same review the Dynaudio Audience 52SE came out as winner with lifelike and full sound, with only a little too much bitterness in it.

If you want to go with the Cantons then Marantz would be probably a good choice for receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Can you tell where I can see that review or can you scan it for me please?

I'm interested in the M30 dc for fronts and I cannot find any review...

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 579
It's in Finnish so probably it wont be very useful to you. If you still want it I could scan it and send to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us