Energy E:XL-S10 vs HSU VTF-2

Hello,

I currently have an Energy E:XL-S10 sub. I am considering upgrading to an HSU VTF-2. Is there a big difference between these subs? It is worth the $449 to upgrade to the VTF-2? I am using it with Athena AS-F2 front speakers and AS-C1 center and AS-B1 surrounds.

Room is 16x16 with high cathedral ceilings. One side opens up to stairs and an even higher ceiling (2 stories tall). The back wall is basically completely open to the dining room behind it (With 9ft ceilings in there).

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!

By the way I am also considering the

SVS 25-31 $550plus shipping
HSU STF-3 $599 shipped
HSU STF-2 $425 shipped

or the HSU VTF-2 (Which I am leaning towards) $450 shipped

If there are any opinions on these please let me know. Interested in getting the most for my $$. I really like strong bass in my DVD watching and listening to music. As far as the reviews I am assuming these are all very close in the bass output and quality - except for maybe the STF-3 - which should be stronger?

Thanks for any help. If anyone knows of better deals then the prices I listed please let me know.

Steve S.
Where did you find the VTF-2 for $450? I believe it is $499 on the Hsu site with free shipping.

The VTF-2 is on sale on the HSU website for $449.

I ended up going with the STF-2. It was $349 from CompUSA. Should be delivered in a couple of weeks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us