PSB 7T vs PSB 4T + SubSonic5i

Marc
I'm trying to get people's opinion on going with either PSB 7T set up or a PSB 4T and Subsonic5i. I can get both at approximately the same price, but wanted to see people's feelings were versus the two combos. I fully intend to listen to both setups (already heard the 4Ts) before purchase, i just want to get the boards feeling on the subject. I plan to use either towers for a 5.1 mix, with either the 8C or 9C as a center channel and 1B or 2Bs as surround. Right now, my listening room is pretty small, but chances are it will double/triple in the next 3 years and I plan on having the speakers for a good 6-8 years if not longer. My main question is how is the bass response with the 7T's. How strong is the bass? does it handle low spl's well? I plan on getting either the NAD 742 or 752. Would the 742 be powerful enough for the 7Ts? Would the 7T's, require the 9C as a center channel to match it? Lastly, do to room constraints, I might get the the alpha intro's as a temporary surround sound speaker solution. Would this be a terrible mix with the 7T's, or a good temporary solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
go listen to NHT speakers , you will be a happy camper:)

Marc
bump, just looking for more opinions

Johnnyness
I am looking for similiar opinions. I was thinking about the 6Ts with a HSU Sub. I have scheduled an appointment with my local PSB dealer to listen to some different setups. I am hoping to get them to bring home for a few days if he's amicable to the idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us