Mid-Level Sub Recommendations

Hello All,

I would like to get some recommendations for a home theater subwoofer. Let me start by stating my system is rather low to mid range right now. I am lacking a subwoofer. I've decided I'd like to go ahead and purchase something "reasonably" nice (under $500) and use that as the first piece towards my building a new, higher quality home theater. With this in mind I've been doing quite abit of reading about subwoofers and have my eye on two different models. Please comment on these two choices as well as any other subwoofers you might want to recommend. Also, my system is used almost purely for movies/DVD, rarely do I listen to music on it. Also, I really like a hard hitting deep low punch, I probably prefer more bass than the typical user, but I still want it clean.

I am considering the following

HSU VTF-2

Definative ProSub 100TL

Thanks in advance everyone for the comments.

-Charlie

RICK B.
CHARLIE,
HAVING USED DEFINITIVE SUBS OVER THE YEARS, I CAN RECOMMEND THEM WITHOUT RESERVATION.
ALSO LOOK AT A VELODYNE MODEL. GO ONLINE AND CHECK CURRENT PRICES. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND SOMETHING SUB $500.

Anonymous

so charlie, what did you decide?

Username: Risingpower

Post Number: 1
What about a paradigm ps-1200?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 39
Get Definitive sub for less than 50% here :

http://www.accessories4less.com/Amazing/index.asp?CartId=1-EVEREST-4146248NFUZS7 6&FCat=3&FSCat=+++++++9

Username: Edison

Post Number: 40
Sorry - the above sight is for Atlantic Technology Sub which is not bad either - my mistake.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us