Are Rocket by Onix speaker good or what?

JD
There's so much online praise for these speakers, I'm thinking about buying them but never heard them. Anyone can really tell me if they are worth it? My speaker budget is $900. Thanks!

Mr. Haywood Jablomy
NO!

Maybe!

Yes definitely!

There now you have everyones opinion.

Go and listen to them first and then ask.

JD
I would if I could but they don't have any showrooms! They are a direct to buyer company based in Colorado.

Phallung Doendrunk
WOW, would you actually buy speakers you have never heard? Then what does it matter how good they are?

JD
Well, I may, that's why AV123 the makers of Rocket are still in business, thanks for the reply...

Username: Cy1

Post Number: 1
Great replies, very helpful "not" JD go to AudioEnvy.com and see if any one is
in your area so you can check them out, good luck

CHEERS CY

Username: Edison

Post Number: 52
Check this thread out:
http://www.hometheaterdiscussion.com/forums/showthread.php?s=828d2fef8a1e05faf30 4f3021d572fa5&threadid=813

I bought stuff on expert's advices, and have been even happier than going alone and hearing them my-self - I guess I was a rooky then, and expert's recommendations prove to be more satisfying.

One word of caution - reviews tend to be hyped up a bit - sometimes advertising, sometimes the buyers of an item buys coz he/she likes it so the hype. My point is, when buying without hearing, make sure the product has numerous majority recommendations - not just a scattered few.

They do have quality woofers, and they probably sound better than sub $500 speakers - even the best ones. You might get more quality if you buy used on www.audiogon.com Speakers are god items to buy used as long as they have not been abused, and people who buy $1000 speakers usually take care of them.

Username: Axlrose19802002

Post Number: 17
i have also been given advice to buy these speakers which are incidentally on complete blowout prices for the 150's, but it smells of con for me. i'll have to hear a lot more from a lot more places first.

Username: Jon_lane

Post Number: 4
As a competitor, I can say with certainty this is no con. The Rockets at that price are a fine deal and the people there are completely trustworthy.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider.com

Bob M.
Unregistered guest
I have several Rocket speakers.

I purchased the 750Rs towers last year along with their RSC100 center. Based mostly on the good reviews. But, also due to the fact that there was nothing that I heard in my local shops that made me want to drop $2000+. The closest I came were with the Totem Dreamcatchers which would've satisfied my HT needs but not 2 channel music needs.

The 750RS, are an excellent speaker for the money. They are very smooth and warm sounding, this could be a turn off for some. I happen to like the sound a lot. They suit the size of my room which is large and has a lot of echo/acoustic problems.

I'm less impressed with the RSC100. Not that it's a bad center, it's just not a good match for the 750s warm sound. The mids and upper range is much harsher. It seems it would be more at home with RS150s all around.

Onix does make a RSC200 which gets nothing but rave reviews, I didn't have the room for it however. It's a monster.

I like the rockets so much I did jump on the RS150 deal at $200 a set. That's a steal. Heck $200 will only buy you plastic JBL's or Cerwin Vegas at Best Buy.

In addition to the sound, the fit and finish of the speakers are simply beautiful. There is nothing out there you will find for $200 that looks a nice as the RS150s . Except maybe some Swan's...come on Jon, what'ya say to $200 2.1's?

;-)

Username: Jon_lane

Post Number: 5
Hi Bob, please be aware that the Swan 2.1 is a 6.5" 2-way that is appreciably larger than the 5.25" Rocket 150 2-way.

But I'll still make you a deal, Bob: Early in 2004 I'll do what I can to come out with a 5.25" two-way in real wood, premium drivers, and my own crossover and voicing and post them at our site for $299/pr every day. It'll be very tight margins for us, but I think we can pull it off. Please check back in about 6 weeks...

Jon Lane
Partner, The Audio Insider.com

Bob M.
Unregistered guest
Hi Jon,

My comment on the $200 2.1's was more toungue in cheek. Actually, at $489 I feel the Swan 2.1s are a better deal than the RS250s. To ask them to fit into the $200 category would be unreasonable of consumers.

Heck, If I thought the 2.1s would be a good match for my 750's, I pick a set up in a second.

I was quite surprised to find that I could now buy any Swan speakers. This time last year they were no where to be found... :-( that's how I stumbled across Onix.

I'm excited to find that Swans are back and your new two-ways sound promising. I'll be checking back often.

Best of luck to you and your team.
Bob M.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us