NAD C320 BEE vs NAD C350- Mr Hawk PLS comments

MR HAWK,

UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS THREAD, I FINALLY AUDITIONING NAD T742 AND NAD C320BEE AND DECIDED TO GET NAD C320BEE SINCE IT SOUNDS MUCH CLEANER IN STEREO AND IT IS REALLY THAT OBVIOUS.

FOR SPEAKER, I MATCHED IT WITH MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE B2 BOOKSHELVES (6OHMS,20-100WATT,90DB)

AT FIRST IT DOES SOUND BIT DRY BUT JUST AFTER A WEEK, MY EARS JUST ENJOYED ALL THE NATURAL SOUNDS THAT COMES FROM IT.

I WILL PAIR IT WITH CD PLAYER NAD C521BEE SOON AND HOPE TO HEAR SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT OUT OF IT SINCE I CURRENTLY RUNNING IT WITH DVD PLAYER.

I HAVE ARRANGEMENT WITH THE DEALER TO CHANGE MY NAD C320BEE TO NAD C350 FOR ANOTHER USD 65, WHAT IS YOUR COMMENTS SINCE THE DIFFERENCE IS 10WPC BUT IT HAS IMPEDANCE SENSING CIRCUIT (WHICH HIGHLY PRAISE BY REVIEWER) WITH LACK OF POWER DRIVE FEATURE.

OR IF I CAN ARRANGE, IS IT BETTER JUST DIRECTLY IMPROVE IT TO C352 (MAYBE FOR USD 100) WITH ADDITIONAL 30WPC BUT STILL LACK OF IMPEDANCE SENSING CIRCUIT??

OTHER QUESTION,

TO COMPENSATE TO MY WIFE SINCE I JUST BOUGHT STEREO SET UP, I AM CONSIDERING HT SET UP OF MARANTZ SR 4300 AND MOURDAUNT SHORT PREMIERE 5.1 SUB/SAT SYSTEM, IS IT A QUITE GOOD COMBINATION FOR BOTH MUSIC/MOVIE?? I WILL PUT IT IN MY BED ROOM OF 3MTR X 8 MTR. I DON'T REALLY NEED TO MUCH SOUND QUALITY AS LONG AS IT IS QUITE OKAY (SINCE I'VE JUST HAVE A DEDICATED ONE IN LIVING ROOM)

COMMENTS??

Joong-In Rhee
The 320bee is more refined than 350 according to the pros at stereo magazine.

Thanks for your comments, which stereo magazine did you read ? Can I have such review ??

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi there, I would highly reccomend keeping the c-320bee. I know that 350 has more power but 320bee is a much more musical amp. I have tested this nad 320bee againt a lot of amps. I own one by the way. I was trying to upgrade to but just found out that i would have to spend aa lotta money to get a better performance. I remember testing the 320bee against a marantz about aud $ 1500 and a $ 3000 Musical Fidelity. Marantz was outdone totally. and its a big compliment that 320 bee was very similar to the Musical Fidelity, obviously the later being more refined. c320 bee retails for aud $599(australian). its upto you but u wud be hard pressed getting an improved sound with 350.....370 might be a better option or even 372....and even they r not as musical but...they doo have plenty of power.
cheers mate n
good luck

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 31
sonny:

It can be very confusing with all of the marketing terms these guys use to describe what their products do and how they do it. However, PowerDrive and the Impedence Sensing Circuit (ISC) are really the same thing. PowerDrive is actually an improved version of the ISC, which also uses dual power rails for better transient response. So, not only do you get the benefits of the ISC with the 320bee, you get better power response. I would definitely keep the 320bee rather an upgrade to a 350.

Whether you upgrade to the 352, however, is a tougher call. I have looked over the specs on the 352 and I must say I am very impressed. If you need more power, it is worth upgrading, but if you don't, I wouldn't bother. Instead, I would apply the money to compensate your wife, as you put it.

The Marantz with the MS sub/sat system is a nice little combo. I do recommend that you upgrade to the 5300 is you can, as it is a quantum leap forward in sound and build quality, but if you can't, the 4300 will do just fine in that size room.

Happy Holidays!

Unregistered guest
Hi - I am reading your discussion with interest as I am currently facing the NAD C320BEE vs NAD C350 debate. Which one did you go for in the end? I have Mourdant Short Pearl II speakers and a NAD C521BEE cd player so my setup is similar to yours and your advice would be extremely useful!
Thanks
Alleb

Unregistered guest
Alleb,

Finally I decided to keep my NAD C320BEE and match it with NAD C 542.

I was buy NAD C521BEE previously but after 2weeks I got the chance to compare it with NAD C542 and found out that you get better sound quality with the price difference.

The sound is more detail, and full bodied.

Hope this help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us