Monitor Audio SLCR or Silver 12i Center?

Jeff Plous
Im posting this in both the reciever section and the speaker section because I really need opinions!

Hi, I thought I was on my way to pick up an SLCR my dealer was holding for me that was a floor model basically, but I was surprised when it was actually a monitor audio silver 12i. I have until friday to return this unit. I paid 480 for it. Im a bit nervous as I have S8s for fronts - note s8s not 8is. Im wondering what the differences are between these 2 center channels. Am I getting a good deal? Should I go get the SCLR from Kiefs?
In other words...
HELP!
Thanks

Jeff Plous
Please anyone I only have until friday to decide...
Thanks

elitefan
I would get the SCLR. That's the match with your s8's.

Jeff Plous
Whats the big difference really? As far as my limited research has taken me, the 12i seems to be a better center channel than the SLCR. It has bigger drivers and goes to lower and higher frequencies. And is 480 a good price for it? More help please :)
Jeff

elitefan
Jeff,
The SLCR has drivers that match the current silver series and I can't find any info on the 12i on Monitors website. It can't be a current model but if you like it and you think it is a good match with your 8's then keep it. Only your ears can tell you. All I know is what i said and that I love my SLCR. One of the best centers I have ever heard at any price.

Jeff Plous
Elitefan here is a link to the 12is specs
http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/Past_Products/Silver_Series/silver_12i.htm

Jeff Plous
bump bump

Fab 5
Jeff,

sorry if it's too late, but my two cents is that the SLCR would be a better match.

Jeff Plous
Why do you think that?

Anonymous
Jeff, fyr,

http://www.theperfectvision.com/newsletter/tpv47/monitor_audio.html

Have read good review on both the new Silver as well as the older Silver "i" series. Still not able to decide which. Will be able to get the higher end model for the older "i" series -9i but only S6 if getting the newer series.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us