Are Elac, JTC, or JMLabs as good as Paradigm?

Joey
I had been looking to invest in some relatively good speakers for my new HT system. I was looking at the Paradigm Studio 60 speakers to be my mains, with matching Paradigm speakers for the center, rears, and subwoofer (5.1 system). Also, I was leaning towards pairing these speakers with a NAD receiver, probably the new T763. I have heard the Paradigm speakers and really like them. Unfortunately the Paradigm dealer does not sell NAD. So, when I called my local NAD dealer and asked him about setting up a HT system with a NAD receiver and Paradigm speakers, he suggested that he had several speaker lines that were just as good, if not better, than the Paradigms. Of course he said so, he wants me to buy everything from him. But, what he basically said, was that for around the same amount of money that I am willing to spend he could sell me a speaker system from Klipsch, PSB, Elac, ATC, and JMLabs. In his opinion, he thought that the Paradigms were better than the Klipsch and PSB, but not at good as the Elac, ATC, and JMLabs. (Note, he did not give any of the speaker models that he was talking about. Also, I am looking to spend around $4k on the speaker system.) I know that in the end I will get what sounds best to me, but what I want to know is if all of these lines are quality speakers. Also, if anyone knows, in general how do any of these lines compare in detail, brightness, range, etc. to the Paradigms. I appreciated any help that people can provide.

Anonymous
I haven't heard the paradigms, but I have listened to the JM Labs and thought they sounded great. I am going through the same process as you right now and just bought my receiver(T762) but haven't decided on the speakers yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us