Bookshelf Speakers for Nakamichi

Anonymous
I have a Nakamichi stereo receiver. I would like to get fairly inexpensive bookshelf speakers for an office. Not really loud playing. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
I don't know which Nak you have but I have the Receiver 3 from the early 90's. I like the way my Monitor Audio B2's sound. The Receiver 3 is somewhat underpowering being rated at 37 watts per channel. If you have a more powerful Nak I think these speakers would really sing! Bought them for $340 from a local dealer.

Anonymous
It is a Nakamichi TA-2A if that helps. Appreciate the referral to Monitor but I don't know if that speaker is available locally. Is there any website to check out or are there other bookshelf speakers to check out more available in the US?

Anonymous
Decided on Paradigm Titans which I got at $190.00 to go with the Nak. Tried some others but the clarity and the nice imaging really sold me on the Paradigms. FWIW

Anonymous
Well, if you tried them all and you liked the Titans and you are happy, congrats. Do the Titans put out sufficient bass or do you have a sub that you're using for the lows? Anyways, you can't argue with that price you paid, nice.

My MA B2's go to 40hz I believe and thats enough for my taste. I don't care for loud bass at all.

Anonymous
I don't need loud bass either. I found that many of the contenders pushed the lower mid-range in an attempt to sound like bass and it ended up sounding muddy. This set up is for an office so I am not going to be playing loudly anyhow and I prefer the clarity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us