Clean sounding speakers with a Marantz avr

SAL
my budget is about 600 to 800 dollars for a pair of front speakers to go with my suround sound system, I mainly do home theater, but really enjoy listening to musid latlet. 75% HT 25% MUSIC. I am currently returning a set of Klipsch to buy a set of Paradigms(?spelling) or B&W, ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.

valeem
SAL:

You can add Mission speakers to your list as I do believe the Marantz line have a warm, laid back sound that will go well with Mission's forward and exciting delivery. I have the lower end equipment from both manufacturers and they make an excellent pairing.

elitefan
SAL,
Even though I love Paradigms I would not match them with a Marantz. Both are very mellow and thus can be a tad dull when put together. For your budget I would recommend a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 2's. {$750prlist}. Perfect with Marantz. You need to consider what you plan to do about a center channel however as your front sounstage should match in terms of tonal characteristics. The silver center is $600 so you are looking at $1350 for all three. The Monitor Bronze series is also a great match with Marantz and quite a bit less expensive than the Silver Series. B&W,s are nice also but not as good a match with Marantz as Monitor, IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us