Help - Center, Rears and Sub to Match NAD T742 + B&W CM2 fronts

Paul
Hi, i recently purchased the NAD T742 (chosen after reading a lot of these threads) and also a set of B&W CM2 speakers.

I love what i've chosen so far but i'd like a bit of help choosing the rest. I have a budget of between €1000 - €1200 ($1200 - $1450).

The CM2's are a maple finish, so something matching this would be ideal, but not essential.

Any help would be appreciated !

Hawk
Paul:

Nice system! I like both the CM2s and the NAD 742 quite a bit. Excellent choice.

I believe it is very important to voice match, or "timbre match" the front three speakers, so I would strongly suggest you stick with the B+W CMC speaker for your center speaker--it is voice matched to your CM2s--and you can get them in the maple finish.

For your surrounds, I would get something simple like the B+W DM600s, perhaps in the black ash finish. It is not as important to have the rear surrounds voice matched, so you can save so money there. The 600s are very fine speakers in their own right and especially for the money, so they will do a great job.

Paul
Hi Hawk

Listen, thanks for the advise - I appreciate it. I ordered the CMC today and think i might go with the B&W 303s. I know they are not as good as the 600s, but they are a little cheaper and are available in maple .... I'm a sucker for aesthetics

Thanks again,
Paul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us